Who can build my SS to run 10's...

doing that all to the body will not help keep it under 20k , and i would start off with a warhawk block and go from there. parish's 80e has been putting up with over 1000 hp to the ground so i think it will be fine. im still considering an 80 in the future but id like to keep the awd.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the 80E in Parish's truck is awesome.. that guy puts down some serious power. I want to have the equivalent of his truck, but an SS.

The body wont cost too much, as a few of my friends are in the off road racing industry and can get be fiberglass body panels for next to nothing. Top that off with the fact my brother, brother in law, and father in law work/own a bodyshop to paint everything. All that stuff is covered, its the motor/tranny/tuning that I need a pro to handle.

In the end I am thinking I want turbo. I liked the fact on my turbo Eclipse that I could run it at 17psi around town (and still run a 12.35 in the 1/4) and put in some race gas and run it at 27PSI and scratch off 11.7-11.8 all day. No pulley change. I want to be able to do the same in the truck...

Did you hit the lottery? Get a new credit card? Or just independantly wealthy? J/K I believe in the old adage....no replacement for displacement. With the larger cube engine any power adder would get the added benefits of the larger displacement. Think outside of the box...can you build a LS1 based engine larger than 427? Hell if you can do a 2hp/ci engine then you are almost to your goal NA. On top of than add NOS or a turbo or both. The sky is the limit. They can build a 200R4 that will handle 1100hp a 4L80E should be capable of more (you would think).

Dave

LOL I wish I hit the lottery. This past year has been a difficult one, and its time to reward myself for making it through some hard times :D Move a couple dollars here and there, sell a few investment goodies, and buy some fun stuff.

I cant wait... once I talk to some people and figure out who can do this, I will keep you guys updated and get some opinions about what I am going to be doing.

• 4 months later...
Have you checked these guys out:

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/

They make some insane engines. Click on the videos they have made on some of there work. If I had some extra cash I would give them the business..

:withstupid:

I think a 436 ci "small block" lol with 1500 hp would be niceeeeeeeeeeee.

What about starting with GMPP's new LSX block and a set of L92 heads with F/I That block is a beast and can handle some huge numbers and can be had relatively cheap and the L92 Heads are around a grand complete. so that may be an option and the LSX has 6 Bolts per cylinder to support big boost numbers without floating. Just an idea :ughdance:

I plan on using an LSX block when i build by 408 for my truck next year and prolly L92 heads and that would get me the numbers i want and i would prolly be N/A

Oh and try giving Motorsport Tchnologies a call in Houston they build some badass cars. www.motorsporttech.com

Edited by ZZebes (see edit history)

I am going with an twin turbo 408 setup.. but I am waiting until later this year when I get my new car and can stop using the SS as a daily driver. I have been wayyy too busy lately since I started my business, and things have been moving along great.

First step will be to gut everything and sell it all..... then use that money to buy all of my new stuff. My goal is going to be low 10's and possibly in the 9's. Then again there is the thought of selling the SS and buying a 2001-2003 silverado and just doing the project with that. But the idea of having the fastest silverado SS will most likely just make me use it.. :)

We will see. But I know this is going to be my '07 x-mas present :driving:

as far as smogging it... i always have found ways around that .. lol...

• 2 years later...