I need your help - NVG 149

I will happily contact the company tomorrow and let them know of your interest. I was giving the contact information and want to give them the curtesy of expecting your many inquiries. Heck, maybe we can get a volume discount. As it was, the price was lower than anything else out there.

No, the company in question IS NOT NVG.

Best,

Darius

Darius, Thanks for looking into this for me,

Mark

I am probably way wrong with this but the 4L65E has a first gear of 3.052 so I would think 3.052 X 600 would be 1,831.2 but since we are talking torque lets assume that you have 600 ft lbs of torque which would be less than the Transfer case rating of 2300 ft lbs of torque

like I said I have know idea if i'm right or way off base

Mark

where can you buy the Autotrak II fluid ?? would it come stock in an 04 SSS ??
No it's not stock fill for the transfer case; you get it at the GM dealership parts counter; $8-9 per bottle, you need two bottles.

Mr. P. :)

where can you buy the Autotrak II fluid ?? would it come stock in an 04 SSS ??
No it's not stock fill for the transfer case; you get it at the GM dealership parts counter; $8-9 per bottle, you need two bottles.

I did this on my 03, and it's definitely quieter.

Gentlemen,

First the disclaimer and then the name of my source to mate a 32 spline output shaft to the input gear of the NVG 149 transfer case.

The disclaimer is:

I have not purchased from the source and have no knowledge about the quality of their products. Also, I am not an owner in the source's business and receive no compensation from them. They were referred to me by the good folks at "Advanced Adapters." Advanced is a nationally known concern and when they suggested the following company as one which might be able to produce the 32 spline input gear for the NVG 149 case I took their advice.

Now the source:

Mid West Transmission is the company. Jeff Schonfeld is the person to talk with. Their phone number is: (507) 824-2012. The price that I was quoted was $325.00. True to my word I contacted Jeff this afternoon and confirmed both the price and his willingness to do these custom input gears.

That's all I know.

Apparently George Blake of Prime Gear thinks I have slammed his product by the comments I made earlier in this thread. Please let me say that I in NO WAY view that product in a negative light. Those good folks have no doubt spent time and money in producing a product they are proud of and I would suggest that for many on this list, the Prime Gear--JS Manufacturing product might be the better approach. I say that because they offer a complete package and not just the input gear for the transfer case.

We all have different needs and for MY particular needs (since I do not own a TySy truck or a Silverado) a simple input gear is all I need. My transmission cross-member is custom as is my entire project. I have no stock computer controls with which to interface. They too are custom. As you can see, for me one approach is better but for you the opposite might be true.

Best to you all,

Darius

Edited by Darius (see edit history)

...Apparently George Blake of Prime Gear thinks I have slammed his product ...
Yeah we get that every so often around here - join the club :lol: THANKS for sharing what you have found about Mid West Transmissions. Thank you thank you thank you :cheers: