Wind noise?

Badkarma

Ok, well Dad found the jug out in the garage...

http://www.victaulic.com/content/

That is the company who makes it. It is used to lubricate and keep seals on oil field pipe fittings and o-rings fresh and soft. Like I said it works well on WS too. But after looking at their website I am clueless as to ordering more. He picked up a jug during his Oil Field days with Texaco. So we might be SOL for getting more. But there has to be more out there somewhere... google time.

One thing is for sure it says "Victaulic" right on the jug. Sorry this isn't much help guys. :shakehead:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, well Dad found the jug out in the garage...

http://www.victaulic.com/content/

That is the company who makes it. It is used to lubricate and keep seals on oil field pipe fittings and o-rings fresh and soft. Like I said it works well on WS too. But after looking at their website I am clueless as to ordering more. He picked up a jug during his Oil Field days with Texaco. So we might be SOL for getting more. But there has to be more out there somewhere... google time.

One thing is for sure it says "Victaulic" right on the jug. Sorry this isn't much help guys. :shakehead:

Ask him - if he gets the chance see if there is a part number on the label...

I've installed the aftermarket latches and I've applied the petroleum jelly. Still have plenty of wind noise. Don't know what else to do. Should I take a shot at having the dealer replace the entire rear window assemblies?

Are you sure it's the rear window? Take a rolled-up bathtowell and have someone sit in the backseat stuff it against the window seal as you drive to verify that's where the noise is coming from; it might instead be the door seal, mine makes a lot of noise.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

I've installed the aftermarket latches and I've applied the petroleum jelly. Still have plenty of wind noise. Don't know what else to do. Should I take a shot at having the dealer replace the entire rear window assemblies?

Are you sure it's the rear window? Take a rolled-up bathtowell and have someone sit in the backseat stuff it against the window seal as you drive to verify that's where the noise is coming from; it might instead be the door seal, mine makes a lot of noise.

Mr. P.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I say take out the latches put the old ones in take it in for replacement (and the squeak in the seats) then put the new latches in and enjoy no noise

I'm gonna try Mr. P's test and if that doesnt work, I may have to take her in. Tahnks for reminding me about the "seat squeak". That also drives me crazy!!

• 2 weeks later...
But in the 3 years I've had the truck I've never opened the rear windows so I figure that I'm not going to be missing anything but the wind noise.  :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Now that you said that you'll have to open them for some reason or another every other day :jester:

Kim, did you have that valve shroud painted blue???

• 2 weeks later...
But in the 3 years I've had the truck I've never opened the rear windows so I figure that I'm not going to be missing anything but the wind noise.  :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Now that you said that you'll have to open them for some reason or another every other day :jester:

Kim, did you have that valve shroud painted blue???

Kinda...I took it out and painted it myself :jester:

this weekend i am going to put some weather stripping on my window. i'll putthe sticky side on the window so if you do want to open the window you still can, and you don't have to think about if it will leak or not.

• 1 month later...

One of my co-workers and i are both having the same kind of wind noise. i havea 03 silverado(base) and he has a 06 sierra nevada edition. he took his into the dealer ship and they told him that "it was with in a reasonable level". He had the dealer ship re-align the door and that fixed it for a little bit but now he has to hammer the door shut. There was a towtruck with the same problem and he has a 03-06 gen silverado and he changed his rear vents and said the noise went away. Could this have something to do with the two little holes at the bottom of the vent windows?

~mung

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a front stone deflector on their hood? I previously had one of these on my truck and it disrupted the airflow over the windshield and made a "whistling/flapping" noise. My quess is it created a negative pressure over the windshield gaskets and caused them to lift up when driving over 50+ mph. Other members have experienced this problem also.

i drove my new 06 ss home that i bought yesterday from northern oklahoma to the dfw texas area and heard a wind noise the whole time when i was going over 50. sorta sounded like my windshield was crackling like you described. it has one of those stone deflectors on the hood so i hoped that was it bc i was kinda freakin out that i just paid 28k for a ****ed up truck lol. guess ill remove that right now. im gonna do the clear bra kit next week anyways..... hope that solves my issue.