SS in Jacksonville, FL???

chevy38fan

I'm a long time chevy fan, I've had 3 chevy's in my 2 years of driving. Loved em all. (88 Blazer S-10, 94 Blazer K5, 96 2dr Tahoe). The Tahoe was by far the fastest of them all. I modded it a little (Dual pipes from the cats into 2 flowmaster 40's original.. sounded bad @$$.. and couldn't get stuck in the mud if I tried. hehe)

Now on to why I'm looking for Silvy SS in Jacksonville.

I have a 2003 White Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB HEMI. Didn't buy it for the name or power what ever. Its a truck. It fits my needs. Driving to and from, with a little power to play with. I'm 18. I couldn't afford a Silvy SS OR a 5.3L RC SB Vortec, why? dealer wanted to be a pissant and wouldn't play the price game. I got my Hemi for around 14K out the door. (a few trade in's and what not).

Any of you want to come out and race? I want to see how my truck compares to the SS. I don't know if its faster or slower or what. I'd assume its faster, due to its 500 lbs lighter, with the same HP rating. but we all know dodge couldn't build a tranny worth a damn to save its life.

I currently found a 5.3L RCSB 02 chevy to race me down in gainesville on the 7th (nov.). BUT I want to race an SS on the street. I can usually be found driving around Orange Park at all the ricer hangouts making them look bad hehehe.

NOW the SS MUST be stock, I'm stock, 100%. obviously I have the hemi motor, but I'm also Equipped with puny ass 17" wheels wrapped in 245/70R17 Michelin rubber. with 3.55 rear end.

SO who's up for some clean fun street racing? I'm not here to start shit, just to find someone who wants to race a stock hemi with their stock ss. (Red blue or black, it don't matter...)

Well damn.....I'm from Jacksonville. Born and raised. I would love to race you when I'm in town visiting the family, but I'm a voided warranty non-stock SS now.

But, if you want an idea of how your truck might perform with a supercharger - that might be the ticket.

If you want to know how your stock Ram compares to a stock SS just pick up the Motor Trend New Cars for 2004 & 2005 and read pages 72-78 and all of your questions should be answered. SS 0-60 = 6.6 1/4 mile = 14.99 Hemi 0-60 = 6.8 1/4 mile = 15.11 Then again "believe nothing you hear and 1/2 of what you see." I have read that the SS runs as quick as a 14.85 in Car and Driver and as slow as a 16.06 in Truckin, not to mention my friends SS ran a 16.10 at Atlanta Dragway. When mine was stock, his was slightly quicker from a stand still and I would eventually pass him and pull on him. As an overall ours where very close to one another.

i want to know how MY truck performs against the ss, not the one that was used in that magazine. which probably had 20's and 3.55 gears. (i know of many STOCK hemi's running in the 14.8's and 14.5's...) someone couldn't drive that hemi... (can't just launch it from a dead stop.. you'll loose 30% of the power just by stomping it.. gotta ROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL into it. yeah its goofy, but it works

DEFINE STOCK (FROM FACTORY,DEALER, OR MY GARAGE :jester: ) BEEN RACING FOR YEARS. JUST LOVE THAT STOCK RACING. EVERONE IS STOCK, RIGHT AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. LAST YEAR RACED A L THAT WAS STOCK. THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE SAID. UNTIL I SEEN SOME PURGE SHOOT OUT AT THE LINE. HE HIDE THE TANK IN HIS BASE BOX (GREAT IDEA). NO PROBLEM I JUST REDLITED HARD. WE BOTH LAUGHED AFTER. ITS ALL FUN WIN LOSE AND MAKE FREINDS THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. WISH I WAS THERE. :pop:

man I was just in daytona, in my aunt's quad cab hemi, LOL. (was there for the Toby Keith concert on Oct. 2nd) not making a second trip anytime soon, maybe for bike week?

I still think chevy should have came out with the reg. cab 395 SS. man I would have traded the hemi in a heartbeat! (even it was 40 grand, it'd be worth every penny! lol) too late now, i've gotten attached to my truck :D:D.

Archived