Hot setup for LQ9's

This info comes fromhiltonmotorsports.com

435 HP / 425 lb. ft. TQ 6.0L LQ9

The 435 HP engine is equipped the same as Special #4 plus!

This is how we make 435 HP:

The stock 6.0L LQ9 engine with 10:1 CR makes 345HP

The Z06 designed heads receive hand ported runners and bowls plus they receive a 3-angle valve job +25HP

A new Z06 Hi Perf cam and valve springs +35HP

A new 2002 Z06 designed intake manifold +10HP

Computer re-programming +20HP

Stage 2 will deliver 475HP:

Bigger cam

ARP rod bolts

Ported Z06 oil pump

Additional head porting

Not bad for a NA 6.0L LQ9, huh???

some of us don't have clutch fans :D

I think complete engine & transmission was $8G's??? Better double check my numbers to make sure by visiting their website.

Just visited the Lingenfelter site too....remember these guys who built those twin turbo vette's??? Anyway they have a 475HP package for $8G's which consists of a supercharger, injectors, reprogram, tune and dyno all installed at that price.....now if you want a full 500HP package is goes for almost $16G's!!! Double the price to tweek out 25 more HP!?!? WOW!

www.lingenfelter.com and go to their "packages" page.

Does your "little over $8G" include a brand new "built" transmission? :dunno:

This package includes the complete engine & transmission.....how much could I sell a bone stock LQ9 6.0L, lets use my 2006 for example with 2000 miles on it, complete with transmission??? I'm guessing at least $5500.....their's an LQ4 on ebay complete with tran & 60,000 miles for sale by a boneyard for $6500...so I may be a little conservative with my $5500 figure!?!?

My point is for under $3000 one could be pushing a NA 475HP 6.0L down the road.

Now if you want to go the supercharger route and get a solid 450HP from your otherwise stock LQ9 your looking at a bit over $5G's.

Just food for thought.....I'm not suggesting this is for everybody and I'm sure somebody on this site knows a guy who knows a guy who can get________ for _________.....you can fill in the blanks!

Does your "little over $8G" include a brand new "built" transmission? :dunno:

This package includes the complete engine & transmission.....how much could I sell a bone stock LQ9 6.0L, lets use my 2006 for example with 2000 miles on it, complete with transmission???  I'm guessing at least $5500.....their's an LQ4 on ebay complete with tran & 60,000 miles for sale by a boneyard for $6500...so I may be a little conservative with my $5500 figure!?!?

My point is for under $3000 one could be pushing a NA 475HP 6.0L down the road.

Now if you want to go the supercharger route and get a solid 450HP from your otherwise stock LQ9 your looking at a bit over $5G's.

Just food for thought.....I'm not suggesting this is for everybody and I'm sure somebody on this site knows a guy who knows a guy who can get________ for _________.....you can fill in the blanks!

it does include the tranny, i got my superchrger for 4 g, built tranny a little over 2k, and then add up the bolt ons it still right around 8 g's im just saying .

if you want teh 475 hp n/a ss i say go for it , whatever floats your boat.

well a couple of years ago i ran a custom grind cam $400 with upgraded spring $200 on stock heads. and a stock tranny with a tq converter $200 and i ran mid 13s for less than $1000. my new setup is some where in the 500+hp. its a 408 $3500 with all arp bolts, afr heads $2500, you can get by with alot cheaper heads. and a built tranny for around $2000. thats a total of about $8000 and once i get it dialed in I should be in the high 12s n/a. All you are doing when you pay lingenfelter for their name.

well a couple of years ago i ran a custom grind cam $400 with upgraded spring $200 on stock heads. and a stock tranny with a tq converter $200  and i ran mid 13s for less than $1000.    my new setup is some where in the 500+hp. its a 408 $3500 with all arp bolts, afr heads $2500,  you can get by with alot cheaper heads. and a built tranny for around $2000.    thats a total of about $8000 and once i get it dialed in I should be in the high 12s n/a.  All you are doing when you pay lingenfelter for their name.

well said,thank you matt that is the point i was getting at .

im about 2k into my truck naturally aspareted Heads cam and long tubes

Stalll and trans..

I am close to 500 at the crank due to the latest readings from HP tuners. And the truck is deep 13's high 12's capable.. deep 13s have happened so far but the 12's are being moody with my tires..

But all can be had for alot less

if you want to stay NA

i dont even have 8 g in my  motor and putting out close to 600

For a little over 8 g's im having a 436ci reesleeved ls2 built that should make anywhere from 625-650fwhp.

You know what...

FAHK BOTH OF YOU GUYS!! :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that you pay for the name when you're talking lph products. I also think that in their case you're buying tested and proven performance. Tag with that one of the best companies out there that have spent numerous years and dollars testing their designs on nearly all GM vehicles. I think if money was not a huge issue for me and it was feasible to go where they are, I'd use them over most companies out there. JMO, and I'm a person that likes doing most of my own work.

well a couple of years ago i ran a custom grind cam $400 with upgraded spring $200 on stock heads. and a stock tranny with a tq converter $200  and i ran mid 13s for less than $1000.    my new setup is some where in the 500+hp. its a 408 $3500 with all arp bolts, afr heads $2500,  you can get by with alot cheaper heads. and a built tranny for around $2000.    thats a total of about $8000 and once i get it dialed in I should be in the high 12s n/a.  All you are doing when you pay lingenfelter for their name.

I bought a used cam from someone... what was his name??? something wall... :lol: I couldn't pass it up at the used prices, plus I'm adding 5.3 heads ported/polished with 2.05/1.60 valves, 1 3/4" headers (AS&M used), electric fans, TB converter, custom 4" CAI... I'm under a grand with the hardware, but HPT puts me over the top (not by much since I went in with 2 other guys to buy it). If I can't get low 13's with that, I've got a little shot of juice too.

WHEN the trans goes, it will be upgraded with red clutches/bands and a shift kit durring the rebuild. That's when things will start to get expensive....