manual fan switch

wody

anyone wired a manual fan switch in their 05 or had two switches for each fan? i was at work the other morning sitting in my truck eating breakfast when i noticed my temps started to jump to about 220 and since i didn't want to be an ass and raise the rpms with my cutouts, i had to turn the a/c on just to build head pressure so the fans would kick on. the ambient was about 55-60 and i really didn't want to run the a/c. living in las vegas this time of year is nice cuz at night you can either run without a/c or have the windows down, but in traffic or parked my temps jump. schematics would help too.

thanks

Alan

the pcm4less harness for adding 05 e fans has one and thats what i use, i also have e fans on my i/c so i just keep it on when at the track, i think all you would need to do is add a ground switch for the fans to come on. you need to check a wiring schematic

PCM4Less no longer sell fan harnesses...here is the link for a miring diaghram on PT There are several others posted. You should be able to just jun the switch to the wire coming out of pin 33 and to a ground. Turning on the switch would ground the relay and kick the fans on High (I think) but I'm not 100% about the fan speed. Look on Performance trucks, there are pages and pages of info under the engine and performance section.

Dave

Archived