Winter project part II

backinblack

OK I've ruled out the duallie, as cool as it would be it's just not gonna work. It's too far away, I'm too limited on options etc. Anyway I checked this truck out tonight, it's about 20 minutes from me the guy was out of town for the weekend. He wants 2,000 for it I'm think more like $1000-1500. The paint is shit, some rust but not too bad. It does have a turbo 350 trans and a 8 1/2" rear, engine in it is a 305. So the trans and rear are fine, the motor is coming out in a hurry for a 350. I'll talk to him monday and see what we can do on money. Anyone want to photoshop these wheels on there for me? I'm thinking that will be the wheel, drop it down, new black paint with red ghost flames maybe?

untitled-2.jpg

truck001-1.jpg

truck002.jpg

truck003.jpg

Edited by backinblack (see edit history)

Chase-Fleetside bed may be a possability, I think it would look a little better too but for now I'll probably leave it alone.

Chevyman-I like the way you are thinking, I was planning on flat black at first, I'm not sure right now though. It needs alot of body work before I have to worry about it though. Like I said the rust isn't too bad(there is some) but it's a 63 it has lots of dents here and there. So I need to fix all that before I paint.

From what I was told it runs and drives as sits right now, the guy has been driving it some. I didn't want to mess with it too much, he wasn't there and we weren't 100% sure that he had told anyone we would be coming by. Getting shot at wasn't high on my list of things to do today, and this thing was in his back yard not out in front. I'll probably just run it like it is until I get the motor ready and then take it off the road and do it all over the winter.

i like the idea of some old school pinstriping...red...go w/ the whole rat-rod look..or idea..but in a sport truck fashion...low and mean...big red reverse steelies...wide rubber...the baby moons still...kinda like the Banks TT Chevy that Jon worked on...but flat paint and older of course..black out the windows...some smaller brushed satin type mirrors.....ok im gettin out of hand..this isnt my truck..lol....im jealous..

i like the idea of some old school pinstriping...red...go w/ the whole rat-rod look..or idea..but in a sport truck fashion...low and mean...big red reverse steelies...wide rubber...the baby moons still...kinda like the Banks TT Chevy that Jon worked on...but flat paint and older of course..black out the windows...some smaller brushed satin type mirrors.....ok im gettin out of hand..this isnt my truck..lol....im jealous..

You pay the bills I'll build exactly what you want to see, might even let you drive it someday :D

Big O you are the man!! That's freakin sweet looking, you think I could land her if I did it up like that?? I think that wheel will look sweet on there. If you're really bored tonight you think you could swap the colors, I'd like to see black with red flames. If not it's cool you've done more than enough already...Thanks buddy :cheers:

So you are saying I should have saved my working copy aye? lol

I will see if i can chop one up really quick ... I really suck as photoshop ... especially black ... I will give it a shot though ....

Once again you are the man :cheers: I'm not worried about perfection it gives me enough to go on. Although now I'm torn, the red won't show the body work as much and looks sick. I wouldn't have even thought about red before but I really like it. Thanks again for doing that.