My cam

Blaker888

Here are the specs on my cam I needs yalls help on which Direction to go! I dont if a goood NA cam or FI cam.

Gross Valve Lift (Intake .581) (Exhaust .592)

Duration (Intake .224) (Exhaust .230)

LOBE LIFT .3420

LOBE SEPARATION (114.0)

well usually what peopl edo before they buy a cam ids decide what they are going ot use forced induction or nitrous, they usually dont buy a cam ansd say hmm which one to do. jmo

Well I wanted to get a vortech supercharger but then my budy whos runnin a little bit biger cam in his camaro sad it was for nitros so I wantred to make sure I bought the right cam to match the blower!

well usually what peopl edo before they buy a cam ids decide what they are going ot use forced induction or nitrous, they usually dont buy a cam ansd say hmm which one to do. jmo

Well I wanted to get a vortech supercharger but then my budy whos runnin a little bit biger cam in his camaro sad it was for nitros so I wantred to make sure I bought the right cam to match the blower!

good choice on the blower! :thumbs:

good choice on the blower! :thumbs:

:withstupid: That cam looks well-suited if not purpose-designed for a supercharger; if I were to buy a NOS-specific cam that's nowhere close to what I would pick, not that I'm any NOS expert at all but that's my opinion.

Mr. P.

Yep.. thats my cam..

and it's getting a procharger to it.

That cam with the Dart heads long tubes 3000 stall and a full zippy built trans will go very low 13's on horsepower.

Thats my combo right now.

I have ready to go for it the Procharger D1sc with air to air intercooling.. the larger upgraded intercooler and I Fabbed up some 3 1/2 and 4 inch plumbing. With that blower I should see mid 11's if I can get the truck to hook up.

I really think everyone is going to change their mind about vortech when I bring my truck out next year with a procharger on it :devil:

Great cam very agressive idle and though the corsa.. well lets just say everyone thats heard it has had to go and get a new pair of shorts afterwards.

Yep.. thats my cam..

That cam with the Dart heads long tubes 3000 stall and a full zippy built trans will go very low 13's on horsepower.

I have ready to go for it the Procharger D1sc with air to air intercooling.. the larger upgraded intercooler and I Fabbed up some 3 1/2 and 4 inch plumbing. With that blower I should see mid 11's if I can get the truck to hook up.

I really think everyone is going to change their mind about vortech when I bring my truck out next year with a procharger on it  :devil:

Great cam very agressive idle and though the corsa.. well lets just say everyone thats heard it has had to go and get a new pair of shorts afterwards.

its not like alot of peopl elike the vortech now. looks like i may have some competition . if you can hook.

Yep.. thats my cam..

I really think everyone is going to change their mind about vortech when I bring my truck out next year with a procharger on it  :devil:

its not like alot of peopl elike the vortech now. looks like i may have some competition . if you can hook.

Oh ill hook..

I wont have the drag radials with me in a few weeks but.. I got a 1.86 out of it with cal tracks and the M&H's

I am having that issue with the tire size like you are currently though I went a 13.4 at 100 but it shut down after 2nd gear.. so I coasted though the traps.

it'll go

Yep.. thats my cam..

Oh ill hook..

I wont have the drag radials with me in a few weeks but.. I got a 1.86 out of it with cal tracks and the M&H's

I am having that issue with the tire size like you are currently though I went a 13.4 at 100 but it shut down after 2nd gear.. so I coasted though the traps.

it'll go

Hey man do u have any pics of ur truck is it red or tat brauns coloer like the s10 in ur signiture Id like to see what urs looks like! Im just curious!

NICE!!!!!! I love those wheel are they as heavy as the stock ones? I was also wondering what spring u went with on ur cam I thought about getting 921 because they are good up to 650 of lift! I feel like Im asking u a million ?!! :dunno:

NICE!!!!!! I love those wheel are they as heavy as the stock ones? I was also wondering what spring u went with on ur cam I thought about getting 921 because they are good up to 650 of lift! I feel like Im asking u a million ?!!  :dunno:
I'm guessing the 918s would be a better fit; I'm thinking the 921s have way more seat pressure than that lobe needs. Valve seat life is less with stiffer springs (seat recession etc) not to mention they do not last as long. It is not uncommon with more agressive lobe designs that need 921 springs to require valvespring replacement every 50K-miles. Contact the cam company/designer and get the pressures required (both on the seat and over the nose) and add 10% to it to account for valvespring break-in.

Mr. P.