Car Washes

SS Silv

Winters coming and I am getting a little lazy plus its getting to cold to wash my truck outside. I have resorted to touchless car washes. I don't like the idea of the chemicals on my paint. I realize the it will strip all my wax off, but can it do any permanent damage to my paint? Does anyone else use touchless car washes?

Winters coming and I am getting a little lazy plus its getting to cold to wash my truck outside. I have resorted to touchless car washes. I don't like the idea of the chemicals on my paint. I realize the it will strip all my wax off, but can it do any permanent damage to my paint? Does anyone else use touchless car washes?

I'm not 100% clear on what chemicals a 'touchless car wash" uses... i've tried researching and never could get a straight answer.

IMO find a good hand wash place that uses 100% lambswool or something similar. It may cost a couple bucks more, but better than letting machines or chemicals do the work.

We have a new spot free touchless in town that I use from time to time, usually when it's too hot or cold outside to wash by hand. I also buy the tokens from that carwash for our work vehicles and I have noticed that if you don't wipe down the areas that dribble water from the mirrors, trim, etc after a while residue will start to build up leaving a streak that is hard to get off. I don't have the streak problem with the SS because I take the time to wipe off the dribbles, but alot of the time I don't have the time to do it to my work car so it has some streaks I'm going to have to take the clay bar to.

Damn it... and I thought this would be a thread about free car washes :jester:

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid:

But... somebody went out and got married and cashed in all his coupons

and didn't save any for his buddies here :banghead:

Mark are you reading this? :jester:

Totally - get Stiches in here, we've been robbed. :jester:

i use the touchless carwash about twice a month (Yeah, I'm lazy sometimes, and sometimes I work too much). It's pretty good. As long as the truck is not too dirty it does a really good job. I don't use the gas station ones though, they suck.

For 10k this guy will wash it for you:

$10.000 carwash

Interesting video. But I will pass. I will stick with a local detailer that could do the same job for 120$. But of course the products won't be as expensive.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)