Took a ride in a radix powered truck tonight...wow

SSThunder

I must say I was a little bit sad to have to get back into my ss after that ride. I was on another forum and found another speed freak less than a mile from my house. :D He has a 2003 Silverado with a radix SC, 90mm TB, built trans, headers and more and that truck really moves. :devil: His best 1/4 time is 12.59 and I can see why. He stalled it up to around 2800 and lauched it pretty hard. That thing took off like a bat out of h#!!. I'm pretty happy I decided to get in on the GP. Now to get that thing paid for and shipped so I can get my SS in the 12's :driving:

The coolest thing I think personally with the radix'd trucks is seeing all 4 tires start spinning on a hard launch that in my opinion shows an exsample of brute power for a truck thats over 5000 lbs

With that much HP, I see a built tranny in my future :P Now to start saving up for that. Where does it end? I never thought I would ever spend soooo much money lol :crackup:

Nice meeting you SSThunder. Glad you enjoyed the ride  :D Now get that SC and we'll get it on the pretty blue SS. Can't believe we haven't meet before now!

I thought I was the only person in this one horse town who liked to go fast. Thanks for the ride KYSilverado :thumbs: Truely a nice truck :chevy:

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

It doesn't matter where you are at performance wise with your truck. A true speed freak always wants to go faster. It's not so much the destination for me, its the journey. I like doing modding. Wouldn't want to do it for a living, it takes the fun out of it.

I've come a long way with my project and have achieved/exceeded what I originally wanted to do. A true streetable and dependable solid 13 second truck.

May be years down the road but I now want the same criteria but solid 11's. Will probably require a complete drivetrain swap. Forged 408, single front mount turbo, 4l80E, and strong diffs.