06 2WD Lowered

Ronald

Question for the experts. I lowered my 2WD 06 SSS a few days ago using the Bell Tech 2" dropped spindles and 2" lowering shackles. It's a really easy kit to install and looks great but now I have a small vibration in the rear end when I accellerate from a stop. I goes away once moving and only happens from a stand still? All I can think of is that this 2" dropped shackle must change the Pinon angle? The kit makes no mention of having to shim the angle back?

Anyone else have this problem? how do you fix it?

did you use the carrier bearing relocater? and mos tlikly you will need some 2 degree shims.

Sorry I don't follow you with the carrier bearing relocater? 2 degree shims makes sense to me.

I wonder why the Bell kit doesn't mention any of this. It's played up like all you do is bolt it in a go?

well i know on the 4 inch drop kits you need to relocate the carrier bearign upwards since you 2wd guys have a 2 piece drive shaft, you made not need this since your only dropped 2 inches. id think you be ok with the shims, imo i would measure the angle of your pinion befor ei bought the shims, alot of people said that mine needed 2 degrees but when i measured it was alot more off than that, i used 6 degree shims and its still of a degree or two. my truck is awd though and has a one piece driveshaft so it wont be the same as yours.

According to Beltech you need a 2 degree shim P/N 4975. I've ordered mine but they have not arrived yet.

Does adding the shims change drop height?

I don't know yet, still waiting on the part. I would think it would to a small extent 1/4 inch maybe?

• 2 weeks later...