got radix what now?

Ok guys I have my new truck on order and the dealership has the radix waiting to go n the truck when it shows up. I will have a 2007 Classic gmc regular cab 4 wd 5.3 liter with 3.42 gears in the rear. what is the best first move to do? I am sure it''s a tune but wouldn't adding other things to make everything more efficient be better then get a tune to revamp everything at once to see a nice big increase? any suggestions?

Ok guys I have my new truck on order and the dealership has the radix waiting to go n the truck when it shows up.  I will have a 2007 Classic gmc regular cab 4 wd 5.3 liter with 3.42 gears in the rear.  what is the best first move to do?  I am sure it''s a tune but wouldn't adding other things to make everything more efficient be better then get a tune to revamp everything at once to see a nice big increase?  any suggestions?

Long tube headers

New cam

Smaller pulley

Tune

I think the first thing I will do depending on parts is put hopefully in a zippy shift kit and then get it tuned. I don't want to have to replace the entire transmission for a upgraded flt level 5 while I have a brand new one working fine. I also don't have a reputable shop around to really do any kind of work for me. Does the stock radix pulley for the 5.3 come with the 3.4 or 3.5 pulley and what kind of boost is that making 5-7 psi? On my 04 vho the tune from nelson made the biggest difference especially after I got it retuned with the LT's. just not sure about forced induction since this is my first. NA I have a pretty good idea what to do. any ideas on how much TQ management can be taken out running a radix safely? also what pulley and boost levels can we go up to on the 5.3? I don't know if a cam swap willbe in the future because I would really like to get a nicce 6.0 to throw the radix on but who knows. Just waiting on the truck to come in and get everything installed. Also 4.10 were what I wanted in the truck but their was only one in a 5 state wide search that would have cost me $1800 more becasue of the shipping and other upgrades so I jsut dealt with the 3.42 and I will keep them until their is a real need to swap them out for something better.

Sounds like your going to be off to a good start. If you get the Zippy Shift Kit, I would also look into getting a TB converter. If you plan on doing a 6.0 swap, I wouldn't waste any money on internal mods for the 5.3.

As for the pullies, I'm running a 3.3 and I'm seeing a little over 7.5lbs of boost on my 5.3. I think you can run a 3.0 but any smaller and you will be close to maxing out the injectors.

I just swapped my 3.73's to 4.10's this weekend, and it made a very noticeable difference. Can't wait to see some numbers.

I would recommend a shift kit, possibly from Zippy, then....maybe a good converter. Personally, I would stay with the 3.42's for now, if you do any highway driving at all. When I installed mine, my mileage actually went up by about 1,or 2 mpg, if that matters. What I'm getting at,, is just because you install the Radix doesn't mean it becomes an all out race vehicle. If you're thinking about a tune, Zippy would be my recommendation to go with. Start out with the kit as it come from Mag, then, if everything is working good, start your mods. Unfortunately.....it's a never ending sickness! :flag::flag:

Well I have started lookinf for a built tranny for a good pirce. I am jsut considering FLT if someone has a used one or one they didn't use but ordered. I don't have $2500+ for a new tranny but I could probably gt $1500-2000. I am jsut so unsure but I know that is the weak link also. thanks guys.