FIRST TIME WITH MY TRUCK IN THE RAIN

jakerz

i just got my pickup recently. and today was my first experience with rain, while drivin her. lets just say it got a lil scary...see i totaled my last truck (company veh.) down in houston when it was raining. happened 3 months ago. so im still a lil leery about driving in it. (the rain that is)

just really posting this to see if anyone else's sss gets a lil squirly when wet??

maybe i just need new tires. it has 70k mi. on it and it looks like it still has the stockies on there. or at least the same brand as the stock tires....either way they're balding. (like i prolly will be in a couple years :jester:)

anyhow, have a good one! :cheers:

Edited by jakerz (see edit history)

i just got my pickup recently. and today was my first experience with rain, while drivin her. lets just say it got a lil scary...see i totaled my last truck (company veh.) down in houston when it was raining. happened 3 months ago. so im still a lil leery about driving in it. (the rain that is)

just really posting this to see if anyone else's sss gets a lil squirly when wet??

maybe i just need new tires. it has 70k mi. on it and it looks like it still has the stockies on there. or at least the same brand as the stock tires....either way they're balding. (like i prolly will be in a couple years :jester:)

anyhow, have a good one! :cheers:

i hear you on the balding :uhoh:, i just look at it that im superiorly evolved and its not really necessary.

but the SSS should handle water like dry pavement. you need new tires. and drop the goodyears for a stickier tire

I LOVE it in the rain...

AWD you gotta keep your foot in it or you'll be outta control!!

we had our first and only rain of the year just a few weeks ago and of course I had to go out and play!! :devil::driving:

completely sidewayz...crossed up back and forth until I let off!!!! :cheers:

MORE Horsies to come too... (i thinkin 427???) :dunno:

~Brian

Wet pavement was the best with the AWD SS... you could really hammer down and just ride out the side to side tire spins, then it would hook and launch.

I used to punch it while heading onto the freeway during rain.. the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts would cause the back end to kick out a little bit... lots of fun.

Mine wasn't too bad in the rain before the radix...it's a little more squirrley. At anything more than about 1/3 throttle from a launch and it's torque steering like a mofo. It does kinda catch you off guard when you kick it down on wet pavement...I have broke them loose before.

Dave

I have broke them loose before.
:lol: Everybody's got a big block in the rain! In my experience driving my AWD SS you either have total 4-wheel traction or total 4-wheel loss of traction :driving:

JAKERZ - those stock Goodyears are going to kill you, they are piss poor for traction even new, I could reliably get my truck to scratch all four into second on the stock Goodyears on dry pavement :sick:. Get a different set of new tires.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

JAKERZ - those stock Goodyears are going to kill you, they are piss poor for traction even new, I could reliably get my truck to scratch all four into second on the stock Goodyears on dry pavement :sick:.  Get a different set of new tires.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid: Mine wouldn't chirp into second but it would squeal pretty good off a launch with the Eagle's on... They were just a bad all around tire... Ugly, bad wet traction, snow traction and even dry traction. I've got a new set of Hankook's with about 1500 miles on them and i have been thuroughly impressed with both wet and dry tractions under "extreme" driving conditions :driving:

id be scared to do a wot launch in the rain. it feels like im on wet pavement when i launch on drive pavement. id like to get a vid of some donuts but im trying to keep my 65 alive and breathing while i can. rain is what makes the ss so bad ass though( at least us awd guys :D )