mount a turbo

I have an STS turbo system and don't like the setup... I was considering to just selll the thing... But I am wondering if anyone out there can help me out... I heard that if you took a drivers side exhaust manifold and flipped it... it would bolt onto the passenger side of the motor... has anyone done this? I would like to somehow bolt my turbo up under the hood of my truck... if someone has pictures or just some feedback would be awesome

Why dont you like the setup? :dunno: Also, if you want a compelte engine bay turbo mount system, you should have gone with a livernois motorsports kit. It is more complete than the STS kit and in the end, costs about the same because of having to buy injectors, intercooler, etc with the STS kit.

As far as flipping the exhaust manifold, I am not aware of this on the escalades/GM SUV's. I heard the same thing back in the late 90's, but not for the modern SUV's. I think you would have an easier time selling the STS (there is demand for it) and purchasing a complete kit.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Maybe he lives in a place prone to flooding??

I would not want a under truck turbo because every once in a while parts of miami gets flooded (like to the SSS doors) (and also when i tow a boat,) and i rather go through it then go around it. I would be to afriad of having a turbo set up because the water may clog it up

well I never knew about that livernois kit at the time that I bought this setup... If I woulda known I would have got it rather than the STS... I do everything with my truck from pulling my boat to pulling my sleds... I guess if anyone would offer me a reasonable amount I would probably sell it so I could go that other way now... that is if no one knows of anyone that could help me out... I live in Canada by the way...

well I never knew about that livernois kit at the time that I bought this setup... If I woulda known I would have got it rather than the STS... I do everything with my truck from pulling my boat to pulling my sleds... I guess if anyone would offer me a reasonable amount I would probably sell it so I could go that other way now... that is if no one knows of anyone that could help me out... I live in Canada by the way...

what is a reasonable amount ??

first an STS truck went 11.xx so there is more there than you might realize.

second there has been talk of being able to put the stock exhaust header in upside down and mount the turbo to that...

under hood temps with front mount are your enemy, and will take the most to figure out. I have heard that the W2W truck has cooling fans that turn on based on engine compartment temp and dump the air if it gets too hot under the hood, the cool part is that that temp is the temp that GM says the wiring starts to have problems @ and keeps everything in check.