Old School Videos

n2opwr

I was looking through some old videos that had saved on my computer and came across these. Some of you may have seen them and they may have been posted on this forum in the past. They are pretty good videos, so I figure they deserved to be looked at again.

The videos are of a guy in Wilson, NC (Kelly) with a AWD Sierra C3, what later became the Sierra Denali. He was the first guy to have a full size gen III truck in the tens. He ran a 10.93 and if I remember correctly, later that night in Nebraska (later time zone), Pharish ran a 10.92. It's been a couple of years ago, so I may have my details off a little. The one thing that I thought was impressive, is that Kelly did it with a heavier, awd, extended cab truck with a single power adder (nitrous). One thing that may suprise most of you is he was running AWD with a TH-350 transmission.

I used to talk to Kelly on the wideawakeracing forum, but it is no longer up. His track times used to be posted over at ls1tech.com before they rearranged everything, under user name C3C5. I still have his email, so if I get around to it, I will see if he is still around.

If any of you know any more details about this truck or if I have stated any errors, please chime in.

1st Video

2nd Video

3rd Video

Edited by n2opwr (see edit history)

if i remember right i think he had a 408 and had adapted a 350 tranny to the awd.

He got all pissed off when parish posted his number and i think not long after that he sold the truck

I emailed him and he never wrote me back. You're right about his setup. He was also running a 350 shot of n2o. Sweet truck. If he sold it, I would still like to know what is going on with that truck. He was running faster than a lot of us before the SS Silverados even came out. I think that is saying a lot because I know I have learned a lot from everyone here and he didn't have that. He was more of a pioneer with the AWD LS trucks.

• 1 month later...