opinions wanted

a guy over on TBSS.com just posted this pic up of his ride... do you guys black powdercoated stock wheels would look good on mine or would it be overkill?? I'm trying to save as much $$$ as I can right now b/c the wifes not working and the baby will be here anytime now so aftermarket rims aren't in the budget at this time... eventually 22's... but in the meantime what do you guys think if I did this??

IM000085.jpg

IM000082.jpg

Eventually this is what it'll look like when I can afford the 22's I want.

TBonblackcopy.jpg

a guy over on TBSS.com just posted this pic up of his ride... do you guys black powdercoated stock wheels would look good on mine or would it be overkill?? I'm trying to save as much $$$ as I can right now b/c the wifes not working and the baby will be here anytime now so aftermarket rims aren't in the budget at this time... eventually 22's... but in the meantime what do you guys think if I did this??

IM000085.jpg

IM000082.jpg

Eventually this is what it'll look like when I can afford the 22's I want.

TBonblackcopy.jpg

The powdercoat looks real good IMO. Ive always preferred the black on black look. But then again every truck ive owned has been black

Let me know if you get a good price on the powdercoat Dylan, because ive been trying to find a good shop around So Cal to do the powder coating, but no one has any good references

Thanks

The powdercoat looks real good IMO. Ive always preferred the black on black look.  But then again every truck ive owned has been black

Let me know if you get a good price on the powdercoat Dylan, because ive been trying to find a good shop around So Cal to do the powder coating, but no one has any good references

Thanks

I've got a couple of places I can refer you to... I'll shoot you a PM later.

Im not a total fan of black wheels on anything... If you remeber I was going to do my stock SS wheels in black chrome, and they just looked dirty with brake dust... In the end it's your ride if you like it do it. To me they look dirty. I coat wheels all day long some cars/trucks dark wheels look good, others need chrome or billet to make them stand out.

These are not real good pictures, but I had my wheels stripped, polished and powercoated. I also had some billet center caps made. I had everything done here locally in GA. I'm sure most of you have seen these pics before.

467167_14.jpg

467167_11.jpg

467167_12.jpg

Thanks

I take all my stuff to Specialized. They do great work!

Specialized

The last thing I took to them was my '03 GSXR wheels. They did them in flat black.

109962656.jpg

They also did this for me.

137788422.jpg

I dont think it should be done....your truck is black and the wheels have no lip offering the contrast which (in my opinion) black wheels need. Your wheels are nice stock just put the money you were gonna spend on powder coating and put it in the "fund"

HA... thats one of the places I was thinking of using Alex... So Cal speed referred me there. So I take it you've been happy with the work they've done so far??

Not one complaint! Now that I think of it, the last thing I had there were my Intros to be ceramic clear coated. :thumbs: Those guys do good work and do it in a timely manner. That is the only place I would take anything to!

I dont think it should be done....your truck is black and the wheels have no lip offering the contrast which (in my opinion) black wheels need. Your wheels are nice stock just put the money you were gonna spend on powder coating and put it in the "fund"

:withstupid:

I agree with Drako. I love black rims, and will eventually get some for my truck, but find that a chrome lip is necessary for them to stand out.

I think ALL black is too much, you need a lip of some sort to be a different color (like the wheels you want to get). Can they mask off the perimiter and only powdercoat the center?

I actually prefer the stock look to the powder coat, maybe a gun metal gray would be as dark as I would go on the stock wheels. I think it looks a little too dark. There needs more contrast on the wheel. I'm actually a fan of the stock wheels. I like the chrome lip black wheel look you posted. I'd keep it stock and save that powdercoat money to get the 22 rims earlier.

Archived