Inline and In-Tank Pumps

SSplaytoy

I have been thinking about upgrading my stock pump/in-line radix booster pump to a walbro or better yet dual walbro 255's. There is a how to on modifying the stock pump module to accept a walbro. I know the lightnings run 2 255's...I wonder how much netter if any that would be? I'm guessing you would be at the point of diminishing returns unless the lines were upgraded as well.

Dave

I'm trying to avoid dropping the tank and would prefer an inline. I could go with the giant aeromotive race pump rather than 2 255's too. I only need a pump good for 600hp....for now :D Besides, I am tired of the stock one whining. Damn thing is almost louder than the radix.

I have the intank Walbro 255!  :thumbs:

gas gauge doesn't work for shit... and it starts running lean on WOT when you get below 1/3 tank...

those are my only bitches I geuss

Get me to come up there some time and we'll get that straightened out. :cheers:

im an 04 so it is different, i also have a walbro 255, id like 2 of them however there hasnt been any one i know of running two of them in an 04, i just won a magnavolt on ebay for 25 bucks so im going to hook that up along with my walbro because im not a fan of fuel pressure drop and im going with 60# injectors so im going to need more fuel espeacially when the nitrous fuel solenoid hits.

imo dropping the tank isnt hard and its worth it imo, but you have an 03 so you dont really have too.

up grade the intank to a walbro 255 and aermotive a1000 on the frame rail with a digital FMU under hood. This combo is good to about 1500 HP. But I'll never need that. :devil: If you are pushing more than 600 boosted hp then seriously consider implementing some type of sump system so you don't have cavitation issues. I have found that our trucks suffer from cavitation even NA at about 1/4 tank or lower. Just my opinion being to make sure the fuel system is over kill. lean conditions on boosed engines don't last long.

I wish we could figure something out for returnless systems.  My intank 255 only puts my pressure around 56-54 and drops under full throttle

new fuel rails, lines, pumps, and sump in tank. make it return. you will have more fuel control. just harder to keep the fuel cold. also, somthing like the magnavolt like chase has will control the voltage so in theory, it should keep the pressure more constant when tuned right. This can be tough to tune properly, especially when you add boost to the equasion.

I wonder what the cost would be to get 03 return lines.  I guess then you would flash pcm with 03 file to make it a return system?

Wouldn't need to flash with an 03 file, just would need to change the injector flow rate table to a static number.