Got pulled over yesterday

CaliChevyV8

Decided to drive home on my lunch break yesterday to check out the dynatechs that came in the mail. On the way home a motorcycle cop on the side of the road waved me over...Said I was doin 43 in a 30 (Which I was, its one of those wide busy streets, just about everbody goes 10 to 15 over the speed limit and it happens to be near residential), said my black headlight and tailight caps were ilegall and I needed to put my front plate on. Then he told me to just remove the light covers and slow down and he let me off with just a fix it ticket for the front plate! What a relief, I drove 30-35 on that street this morning :D

wow, consider yourself very lucky. my neighbor works for phoenix pd on a motorcycle and he said he has NEVER let someone off with a warning. he also said the sole purpose of motorcycle cops is to write traffic tickets...congrats!

They have added the motorcycle cops here in Columbus and that's what i figured too. I've seen them here and in Indy on a 3 or 4 lane highway walk out into the farthest lane to point at/signal the speeding driver over to the side of the road. The only good thing out of motorcycle cops is that the bike will eventually go to auction. :D

DW

Yeah he was pretty cool. Thats right, good thing they aren't painted.

hey kyle yeah i was gonna buy those headlight covers from you but yeah i called my buddies dad at the station and he said that your headlights have to be clear at all times! i was like when even if i only put them on when i go to the tracks? he was like what dont you understand about your head lights must be clear at all times. i was like ohhhhh at all times i thought you said most of the time...whateves@!

Yeah he was pretty cool. Thats right, good thing they aren't painted.

hey kyle yeah i was gonna buy those headlight covers from you but yeah i called my buddies dad at the station and he said that your headlights have to be clear at all times! i was like when even if i only put them on when i go to the tracks? he was like what dont you understand about your head lights must be clear at all times. i was like ohhhhh at all times i thought you said most of the time...whateves@!

I'll just sell them on here then, or maybe I'll keep them just to put on at the track or somthin :dunno:

Depends on what you're doing, where you are, and it depends on the cop. I do ride-alongs at the Clive Police Department (Suburb of Des Moines, IA) and I've rode with about five officers and they've all been fairly lenient and use their discretion to the fullest. There's one officer at their Dept. that NEVER lets people off for anything, but the bulk of them do.

The one I've rode with the most has been helpful enough to explain things to me. Like there are certain areas where he is more lenient and less lenient with speeding and what not. I've had probably two or three people that we've pulled over that could've been arrested for drunk driving but instead just made them call cabs. Other times he'd pull someone over and be able to ticket them for multiple infractions but only end up citing them for one (whichever is the cheapest ticket) and then giving them verbal warnings on the rest. So, from my experience more officers are lenient than not.