Exhaust is in w/ e cutouts

04CHASE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good buddy! If you use paint on that it will burn off no matter what you use. VHT is goof doe like 900 degrees, same with the eastwood, and other temp paints. The only way to do it would be a coating, they go up to 1500 degrees.

The cut outs look awesome, can't wait to hear how they sound opened up, though with boost may not be as loud as you though.

Looks good chase,aren't those the same cutouts stacet david used on copperhead?.I got the same set up as autoguy and was going to run cutouts but i;m afraid of exhaust leaks,let me know how they hold up. :thumbs:

the guilliotine style cutouts are known for not leaking thats why i spent the money and got them, i got them fro a deal since my g/f dad knew the guy that made them, he also has a set on his 37 ford but he recently passed away :tear: . got them for 400 bucks as opposed to almost 600 from jegs.

As for the cats i got them on ebay for 90 each. they are pretty small though, the only reason i deceided to run cats was incase i get pulled over and they want to take a look.

I doubt i will see any big gains with the cutouts i mostly did them for coolness factor. thanks for th ecompliments guys, im really liking how it sounds thus far. it sound almost the same as before but a little deeper. long day of work tommorrow but i should find time to get the wired up , im going to try and get some more tuning befroe this weekend.

T.J. so are you saying the only way to get the paint to last is to get them aluminum coated? or will powdercoat work?? id like ot have it dont in black if possible. i just dont feel like unbolting it to have it coated but i definatly dont want it to rust. i was hoping there would be a rattle ican i can use. i may try a certain high temp paint to see how it last , how hot do exhausts get??

ill get some sound clips up soon.

Well IMO mild steel is a bad Idea weather you paint/coat it or not because 90% of the rust is going to happen on the inside anyways. This is the whole reason OEM went to stainless even though it costs more. Why do you have both of your o2 sensors infront of the cat on the one side?

EDIT: Nevermind I see the other one is the wideband o2 i'm guessing the other one that goes behind the cat just can't be seen in the pics!

Well IMO mild steel is a bad Idea weather you paint/coat it or not because 90% of the rust is going to happen on the inside anyways.

Even with that, being in California his exhaust will still last longer than any of mine every have. Stupid road salt...

Looks awsome Chase!!! :cool:

just got the exhaust cutouts wired up, it sounds pretty mean, i drove to the gas station and gave some girls a lil rev and they screamed!!!! :devil:

sound clips tommorrow :thumbs:

It's tomorrow, now where are our sound clips? :smash:

Yeah! Come on...stick to your word! :lol::jester: