our rides

kissfans03ss

I was thinking earlier how I got into my love of cars so I figured I'd you all.For me 2 things come to mind,when I was 3 or 4 i had a 1973 Gatornationals blanket,you know the gator with drag slicks for feet,I just thought itwas the coolest.The second was seeing Ted Nugent on the cover of four wheeler dressed in camo,holding a camo guitar,standing in front of his camoflauged bronco that ran him 50k in 1981,the rest is history.Whats your story?

I've been into cars since I was a toddler. I drew cars when I could first draw, I drew so many of them my parents kept the pictures. Most could be described as "Pro Street bubble tops". :lol:

In grade 6 our class had to write an essay on "how something worked".

I did the four stroke internal combustion engine.

:dunno:

First car I ever saw that made me stop and stare was a brand new Superbird back in 1970. I loved it. My Dad HATED it. He hated all domestic cars.

Hot Wheels was my thing growing up...what am I talkin' about I still love and collect them. As a kid I had one of those sweet hot wheels carrier that I would take with me every where I go. With my Hot Wheels I would reenact scenes from movies like James Bond, Smokey and the Bandits, Cannon Ball Run and American Graffiti.

My dad had a 1957 210 with no motor, no trans, no nothing parked in the back of our house and that was my club house. My parents would laugh when I woul wash it and wax it. My friends would come over and we'd play in it, climb on top of it, jump off of it and roll our hot wheels off of it. I'm telling you those were the days. That '57 is sweet. It's still sitting at the same place after all these years.

FrontSideWhole.jpg

Edited by Pasadena SS (see edit history)

Yeah that 57 is sweet,I always loved that body style,as for me,like most gear heads I have to may projects.54 chevy 210,56 1/2 willys wagon(all original 3rd owner),71 el camino,72 chevelle ss clone,86 chevy k20 pickup,2000 vw passat,2003 ss.

Hot Wheels was my thing growing up...what am I talkin' about I still love and collect them. As a kid I had one of those sweet hot wheels carrier that I would take with me every where I go. With my Hot Wheels I would reenact scenes from movies like James Bond, Smokey and the Bandits, Cannon Ball Run and American Graffiti.

My dad had a 1957 210 with no motor, no trans, no nothing parked in the back of our house and that was my club house. My parents would laugh when I woul wash it and wax it. My friends would come over and we'd play in it, climb on top of it, jump off of it and roll our hot wheels off of it. I'm telling you those were the days. That '57 is sweet. It's still sitting at the same place after all these years.

FrontSideWhole.jpg

Wow, that's a nice car PasadenaSS! Hard to believe it's not been "claimed" yet.

When does the build start....?

;)

FrontSideWhole.jpg

Wow, that's a nice car PasadenaSS! Hard to believe it's not been "claimed" yet.

When does the build start....?

;)

Probably never. My mom said if we tow the car off the lot, the house would collapse :crackup: but honesty, I don't know. My dad is not into it, my brother is in college and I already have one of my own. I also have a '64 Riviera which is going no where too :banghead: My uncle have a '68 GTO with original everything parked at his apartment for like 25 years. People would come knock on his door wanting to buy it and he'll chase them off like a grumpy old man. Hopefully that won't be me in the future.