new guy, with ?'s

02ls1

hey guys, first of all great site. im thinking of selling my 02 z28 and gettin a silverado ss. more and more i see them, more and more i want one. i have some ?'s like what would one run stock in 1/4. how much hp/tq stock? whats the differences in the years? jus general ?'s, if you have answers please let me know before i buy one.... and if any of you are camaro lovers... heres a pic of mine for ya, thanks, brandon.

wootensz007.jpg

wootensz003.jpg

Picture057.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

Sweet car...

I'm no pro when it comes to the sss but i can hopefully give you an idea of some #

the 2003, 2004 sss were awd while 2005 was an option for awd or 2wd, and in 2006 all sss were rwd

they all came with a lq9 motor 6.0 which produce 345hp and 380 tq

0-60 is 6.7 and 1/4 is 15.1 depending on where you get those numbers

and as cool as the f body's are i would never trade my truck for one!

thats what i wanted to hear.. someone that went from a car like mine to a truck like this and his opinions....and thanks for the numbers that helped out... so is the awd faster than rwd? not big of difference, im pretty sure awd weighs more, but better traction..the camaro is costing me 1,010$ every 3 months on insurence and 350 a month car payment>? little too much on the insurence than i wanna pay... i got another ? to AJSmyth- how much difference is the insurence between the ss and your truck?

I traded my 02 Z28 for an 06 SSS - no regrets, except I wish I had all my mod money back from the car so I could put it into the truck.

Insurance is a hell of a lot cheaper if youve gotten any tickets in the Z like myself. I used to get pulled ovr like once a month so I dont mind the "lack of attention that the cops are showing me now

its weird... ive never gotten a ticket in my z, only got pulled over once bc getting sideways in the rain, on accident too, traction control was still on :nonod: but anyways, i look forward to owning an ss, found one for 16,000 im going to look at next weekend, so it might be sooner than i thought, wish me luck, thanks everyone

i just picked up my SSS on the 19th and i traded in an 01 BMW 330Ci for it. BMW was getting up there in the miles (even though it was completely reliable) and i got bored of it after 3 years of ownership. i also needed a tow vehicle and something to transport my bike with. No regrets, SSS has all the creature comforts (even though excecuted a bit differently) except Nav and backup sensors.... which can easily be fixed.

Pull the trigger, you wont be sorry.

yea 16k is cheap, im guessing its either wrecked, or had a millon miles on it, worth checking out anyways though i guess.... i wanted black, this one is blue so i guess i can deal with blue, ill post up this weekend tell yall how it went

I also had a Camaro z28 with all the bolt ons and built 6 speed.

But i wanted to get somthing that could Tow my RACE car, and the damn z couldn't do that :dunno: lol... I love this Truck it has almost 50k, but runs Very strong, and allways get compliments..

Go with the truck you wont b disappointed....

Your car looked alot like mine Except i had White leather, and I forged Aero Wheels.

TRUCKS ARE COOL

found out today the blue sss i was going to look at for 16k, had been wrecked awhile back like i figured, guess it was pretty bad one bc it rolled over, so scratch that one off the list... anyone one in here from ky or close wanna sell theres? or know were one is for sale close to here?

• 2 weeks later...

I think most of the owners on this website like their rides, and I'm no different. :chevy: Performance numbers on the first response are accurate. I'd just like to add that there is something about a pick-up man. If you want something done, find someone with a truck. No, it won't take a Lightning or a SVT, but I like the extra-cab even though the suicide door is tough with kids (watch those fingers...). The stock rumble is good, and my mileage averages around 16 and change to almost 18 if I really behave. I also confess to using my truck (gasp - ) as a truck. All-wheel drive hasn't let me down even though I've driven across loose sugar sand at central Florida sand mines. One thing you may want to consider in your thoughts is finding a new one. Some SS drivers are a bit over-anxious in throttling up to altitude, even though I do believe that the on-board computer will not let the engine really hurt itself.

Happy shopping - and welcome to the world of the Silverado SS.

The one fateful question awaits - what color.....