My new toy on the way!

Here's my new converter. It came highly recommended from my tranny guy. I decided to step-up to 3200 stall since my SSS doesn't see much highway use anymore. It's made by precision industries...9.5", lock-up, 3200 stall! Should get me into the 13's!!! And it's a way cool color!!! :thumbs:

post-5801-1161403464_thumb.jpg

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

Here's my new converter.  It came highly recommended from my tranny guy.  I decided to step-up to 3200 stall since my SSS doesn't see much highway use anymore.  It's made by precision industries...9.5", lock-up, 3200 stall!  Should get me into the 13's!!!  And it's a way cool color!!! :thumbs:

Excellent choice. :thumbs: With programming it should be worth .3 or more.

Here's my new converter.  It came highly recommended from my tranny guy.  I decided to step-up to 3200 stall since my SSS doesn't see much highway use anymore.  It's made by precision industries...9.5", lock-up, 3200 stall!  Should get me into the 13's!!!  And it's a way cool color!!! :thumbs:

What programming do you recommend Zippy? I already have the torque management completely removed and the shift RPM adjusted to 5800. I previously was running with a 2600 stall.

What programming do you recommend Zippy? I already have the torque management completely removed and the shift RPM adjusted to 5800. I previously was running with a 2600 stall.

The shift points may be off initially with the new converter which can change some things. What you'll find more though if you're doing your own programming is that you can change the timing curve quite a bit at the rpm it stalls at and below. Changing the timing curve down there will make it even more responsive yet on top of having the higher stall speed converter.

Well Zip, maybe I'll send my pcm to you when I get it all installed as long as you promise not to break my transmission like everyone else!!! :jester:

The shift points may be off initially with the new converter which can change some things. What you'll find more though if you're doing your own programming is that you can change the timing curve quite a bit at the rpm it stalls at and below. Changing the timing curve down there will make it even more responsive yet on top of having the higher stall speed converter.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the TC in! WOW! :eek: What a difference! I can't take it to the track until Thanksgiving but in the little bit of street driving that I have done, I can tell that the results will be at least 5-7 tenths in the 1/4 mile!