Winter Wheels are on...

montanass

I put my winter wheels on yesterday, they're the stock rims off of my previous 2004 Silverado Z71. The tires are off of my mom's old 2001 Suburban... I figured it was a good time to put them on before the snow flies... What do you guys think... I think they're ugly compared to my stock 20's but you know how it is... :D

1001095mediumeu4.jpg

1001096mediumaq9.jpg

:puke: I don't understand why people do that. There is no reason to make the truck look ugly. Just put some decent tires on the 20's, there is no reason why it shouldn't make it around in the snow. I live in ND, I know all about snow.

I put on some geolanders and they work awesome.Sorry for the rant. You are entitled to your opinion. :P

:puke: I don't understand why people do that. There is no reason to make the truck look ugly. Just put some decent tires on the 20's, there is no reason why it shouldn't make it around in the snow. I live in ND, I know all about snow.

I put on some geolanders and they work awesome.Sorry for the rant. You are entitled to your opinion. :P

Reasons

1. Chemicals

2. Cost

3. Easy to change from the 20's to the winter set, it takes about 45 minutes and there's no run to les Schwab to have them swap tires around...

I live in a remote location and drive 15 miles to town/work/school every day.... We get real snow here...

Reasons

1. Chemicals

2. Cost

3. Easy to change from the 20's to the winter set, it takes about 45 minutes and there's no run to les Schwab to have them swap tires around...

I live in a remote location and drive 15 miles to town/work/school every day.... We get real snow here...

I run the same wheels (mine came off of an Avalanche) for winter tires and run the 265/70/17 Wintercat Les Schwab snowtire (made by Cooper :flag: ).

When you have your winter tires mounted on snow wheels Les Schwab will put them on for free, where as if they have to break down your summer tires and mount your winter tires it will cost roughly $40 each time. So when you figure $40 in the fall and $40 in the spring it adds up. I figure I'll be able to get at least 5 years out of my snow tires so I will have saved several hundred bucks in mounting/dismounting fees plus I don't have to worry about them messing up my good wheels doing the change overs. :thumbs:

wheels_w-caps.jpg

Theres realy not much thats gonna hurt the stock 20's...they're coated and painted...if you had the chrome 20's i could understand...but..to each their own

Salt will try an eat away the chrome on ur 20s I dont have snow but Im right near the Ocean! So I can understand why they do it!

I bought a second set of tires to put on the stock 20" wheels. Just swap them in the garage myself and they work fine. Wish I lived where they don't have snow but then you have to put up with smog, landslides, earthquakes, rain every other day or sandstorms that strip the paint off or something. No matter where you live there's something.