extended warranty.... bah!

dgi

The only thing you have to be worried about is getting denied repair from abuse. This will VOID the whole deal...

I had purchased a 99 z28 with the extended aftermarket warranty, The car had a trans problem from day 1 ( t-56 synchro / slider/shift fork). I took the car back to them after 3 bandaid fixxes from them, (bleed clutch, new slave, master cylinder.) then they get it back again and said that it was being abused because it had rubber in the wheel wells, and i HAD A SEALED bank envelope with my time slips from my racecar. (just kind of a conversation piece) they said I raced it @ the track, and I was abusing it. I told them NEWSflash the z is quick but it dosent runs 9.6 in the 1/4. They then pointed out it had exhaust, fast toy lid, ls6 intake. blah blah blah... Then they voided that shit! I was pissed and got some release when I got a refund of my Warranty cost (1450) and they did replace the rear .( 2 bolts backed out of the ring Gear) So they replaced the rear once, and plus I got my money back... Not that 1400 could buy a new trans, but then they tell me since the car had a balance on the loan that it comes off the principal owed. Which worked out .. Lowered my payment, and prob. saved me a few bucks over the 4 years.

I was young then (20) now I would have had a NEW TRANS, REAR, And warranty still covered(if i had the car still).......

So lesson is be careful how you present the car for warranty repair, and make sure you have CYA'd yourself.

:cheers:

I bought the extended warr already paid for itself it cost 1500 with a 100 deductible after 36000 i had a front diff replaced new gauge cluster 3 batteries a shock a water pump and a transmission i think the warr paid for itself. :ughdance::chevy:

post-6481-1169080118_thumb.jpg

I bought the extended warr already paid for itself it cost 1500 with a 100 deductible after 36000 i had a front diff replaced new gauge cluster 3 batteries a shock a water pump and a transmission i think the warr paid for itself. :ughdance::chevy:

Is the warranty your talking about the 5 year, 50K GM offers?

hell, i didn't even realize that i had an extended warranty (yr2010 or 68,000 mile) until i brought my truck into the dealership last friday when my gauge cluster flipped out. i don't remember agreeing to pay for it but who knows. i bought it as a used '03 with about 22,000 miles. with all the other crap that i've read about on here that is going on w/ everyone elses trucks it might be worth it.