My first run w/ an SRT8

Dylan06SS

I ran home at lunch today to take the prego wife something to eat.

On my way back I was next to a dark blue SRT8 Jeep as I was about to get on the freeway. We both gave eachother 'the look' and punched it from a slight roll down the ramp... pretty much dead even.

Once we got on the freeway we rolled side by side at about 60mph and he signaled me to run em again... so we punched, the TB downshifted funny and lost a split second... this time he started pulling slightly... maybe a fender and stayed there till we let off.

We backed off and both looked at eachother smiling from ear to ear... I signaled to go again and he nodded... this time from about 70mph roll and I got the upper hand... pulled slightly on him... I had about a fender on him when we let it go at around 100.

He waved me over and I followed him off the freeway and into a nearby parking lot. We both stopped and talked for a minute. Really nice guy and I was the first TBSS he had come accross. I invited him to join the rest of us at CA speedway this weekend so I hope he shows b/c we need to settle this... its gonna be close, and with AWD I think hes got me from a dig.

He was bone stock so I'm pretty impressed... even with my tune, CAI and exhaust this is gonna be close.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't know exactly what I run until saturday b/c that'll be the first trip to the track with the TBSS.

Stock 2wd TBSS are running from 13.8 to 14.2ish... and I think most SRT8s are in the mid 13's stock... so with my mods that explains the close run. I don't think I could beat him from a stop just b/c hes got the traction advantage... but hell... not too shabby IMO considering the HP disadvantage I'm at.

why didn't chevy stick THAT motor in the SSS?

Wasn't an easy "drop in"

The LS2 was already in the SSR... the SSR is built on the same chasis as the Trailblazer... it was an easy changeover.

Also, the SSS was realeased with the LQ9 in 2003, before the LS2 appeared in the C6 Vette... so it would've been a mid model redesign.