My first run w/ an SRT8

Dylan06SS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 545RFE is a stellar transmission ... It is used in the HD fullsize gas trucks and Dodge actually considered using this trans in the future cummins diesel, however scrapped the idea in favor of a new ground-up 6 speed auto being developed...

This trans from what I am told has very few failures and if it does, it's designed to not leave you stranded... (debilitating)

The years of Dodge's transmission woes are over from what it looks like. I always said, i they can get a good tranny behind the Cummins 6, Chevy and Ford better get worried.

Now to say the M70 is weak is purely irresponsible ... Do you even KNOW what makes it that designation? ... I will hand you one thing, the 545RFE is probably a better tranny overall for new age refinement and torque handling, but the thing that people can't get out of their damn heads is that the M70,M32,M30 all derive from the same late 70's early 80's 700R4 (get over it) ... Which HAS come a loooong way for it's genre, and is the CHEAPEST modern trans to build up ... YA, it's a 4 speed which makes it accelerate a bit less quick, but there are also advantages to a 4 speed ...

I tell ya, don't ever break a 545RFE/45RFE ... Get your Heloc ready ...

my .02