Interesting thing happened to me

BOB47

Applied for a job with Fedex Ground as a driver today. There was myself, 2 african-american men about my age, an african-american girl and another younger white guy there at the same time filling out applications. The other white guy and myself were the first ones there. The one guy turned out to be Jamaican and I had to help him because he couldn't understand the questions on the application. (Yeah, stupid of me.)

Anyway, after we all finished the applications the 3 african-american people were each given a personal interview. The other white guy and I were told that they had to check our licenses and it would take 2-3 weeks, but thanks for coming in. :dunno:

I have nothing against anyone, but what the hell was that? Both interviewers were african-american too. Just wondering if it was the interviewers or Fedex policy.

Rant off.

Probably just because they're an equal opportunity employer and they had to meet there quota.  :nonod:  :icon_bs:

That might be true but they should not pull people for an interview on the spot especially in front of others like they did. That is :icon_bs: and if you really wanted to stir the pot you could file a complaint with their HR dept within their corporate office.

Probably just because they're an equal opportunity employer and they had to meet there quota.   :nonod:   :icon_bs:

That might be true but they should not pull people for an interview on the spot especially in front of others like they did. That is :icon_bs: and if you really wanted to stir the pot you could file a complaint with their HR dept within their corporate office.

:withstupid:

Bob,

You need to find out if this is a contractor to Fed-Ex. Someone I know is a contractor in the north central part of the state. He buys trucks, hires drivers and bids/buys the routes he has. Mark's suggestion will help you if it's a corporate operation. I'm not sure how much corporate would help if it's a contractor. EEOC complaint needs to be filed. :icon_bs: for sure.

My dad does sets up traffic warning systems, cameras, ect., and they are required by law to hire a certain percentage of minority crews to do installs. They can't hire the best people for the job, so they get some crew that does a half assed job, because they know by lae they'll get the job. Surely Fed Ex isn't like this.

i gues i will chime in on this one since i drive for ups. as far as the quota comment went that is pretty much it. i would say 9 out of every 10 people hired at ups are not white. not trying to sound racial by saying it that way but what is a minority now a days i would say there is equal amount of ethnicity in our country today.