volant question

memphisSS

Where is the air intake on the volant air box. Is it in the same place as the stock air box (on the side connecting to the inside of the fender) or does it have a different place, like on the bottom or something where it can get more air. By the way im new here so no pictures yet.

The Volant box is configured the same as the stock box. It does, however, have an opening in the bottom with a cap that can be removed for setting up some type of homemade ram air, or you can purchase their setup.

Can someone give me the Volant part number for an SS?

Also does the optional air scoop fit with the SS.

One website I found said the Volant for Silverado V8s

doesn't fit the SS.

Should be the same part # for 5.3/6.0L. I took mine off of a '99 5.3 and it fits fine. If you call tech assist, they will tell you it's the same part#. That's just speaking for the air box, unsure of the intake tube or air scoop. Should come with the tube though.

Volant intake part #15853

Air Scoop part #35853

The air scoop fits on the SS, but it doesn't line up perfectly with the air duct in the front. You can move it around a little to line it up pretty well. Makes a hell of sound sucking in all that air though! :D

Thanks for the info on the volant box. I was planning on making a home made ram air for mine, but I didn't want to start cutting holes in the metal plate under the box if the volant already comes with a place to hook up a ram air tube. Hopefully I will get the volant system soon.

Archived