ran against a lightning tonight

rivierakid55

an old friend i hadn't seen in a while filled in tonight at our softball game and we got to talking and we decided to run our trucks after the game out by the twin creeks. he's a pretty cool guy and his lightning has shorties, exhaust, cai and hypertech. i have, see below.

anyways, first light we hit it and i immediately get about a half truck length on him but he's catching me and at 85-90 he's about 2/3 of a car length ahead of me. not too bad.

we try one more time this time i torque brake a little and launch even better and he still reels me in but by maybe only 1/2 a car length this time.

im guessing in a full quarter mile thats about .5 difference, maybe less if i didnt have these fricken heavy 22's.

i call him after he gets on the freeway and he was pretty impressed needless to say other than the fact im driving a chevy. lol.

well i convinced him to run out to infineon one of these days so we can both get a good idea of where we stand. i definately need some meats though out back cause traction is just brutal right now.

i do admit that i love the sound of a blower winding up...gonna love it even more when there's a huffer mounted on mine next year.

I had a question, when people say they lost by a half car length or truck length, does it mean the distance between the front of your car and the back of their car is a car length, or does it mean the front of your car is in the middle of their car meaning half of their car is ahead of you...if that makes any sense...i've heard people say both ways, i didn't know if there was a standard here on the site.