Cam or Heads....

Remembering I have a radix, tog's, built tranny with 2800 stall....

Should I go with a cam, maybe the gt2-3, with roller rockers, pushrods, springs, and timing chain...or go with heads? I want a good amount of gain to come out of this but I don't want to take away from the sc either. Money isn't so much an issue, but I'd rather go the better route in that case. I will do it all right and not cheap, but I'd like a bit of a bargain.

You may want to check out a custom grind cam built to your specs. Although I have read the the gt2-3 performs well in SC form, you will get what you want with a custom set grind. I think Fultral Motorsports is one of them. Do a quick search and im sure you will come up with the companies names and backing.

The lph cams are known performers, but I'm more toward the side of custom also. I also would go with Futral Motorsports for that cam.

You already have roller rockers, but some TEA Gold springs and moly pushrods would be a good addition with the cam.

The timing chain is a personal pref thing. The Rollmaster double chain is a nice piece and fairly inexpensive. If you plan to do that, then change the oil pump at the same time. If you do the pump also, remember to put the pickup tube in and bolt it down before placing the pump on the driveshaft or bolting it to the block. You'll keep from pinching the o-ring that way.

BigTex had a mild cammed radix'd 6.0L and ran a 12.3. He then tore it down to do some nice stage 2 AFR heads, 90MM TB and some porting. After all said and done he ran a 12.6 :dunno: Its just my opinion that heads will not get the "Typical" 50RWHP like on a NA set-up.

502,...I would stroke and poke your 6.0L for equilivant power, better gas mileage and quite possibly cheaper (when all aid and done).

BigTex had a mild cammed radix'd 6.0L and ran a 12.3.  He then tore it down to do some nice stage 2 AFR heads, 90MM TB and some porting.  After all said and done he ran a 12.6  :dunno:  Its just my opinion that heads will not get the "Typical" 50RWHP like on a NA set-up.

502,...I would stroke and poke your 6.0L for equilivant power, better gas mileage and quite possibly cheaper (when all aid and done).

the reason that happened was becuase the supercharger could not push enough air for the AFR heads. A bigger super charger would help. i am ahave the same problem with my truck.

Do both if money isnt an option.  I did a gt2-3 and i love it, if you do DO heads THermo wrap them because i have to because my spark plug wires couldnt hadle it.

I think you must be refering to "Headers". The original question was about cyclinder heads, as in AFR brand.

Wrapping the plug wires is a good idea also.

Justin, could maybe start a new thread and give us all an update on your truck? I know that folks will be interested.

Thanks

CD