Speedo Questions

mjdxtreme

There has been a lot of talk around here lately about everyones speedos giving out. I am looking for symptoms of this happening, I was triving my truck last night and the speedo really seemed to lag on decell. The speedo did not want to drop very fast while under breaking. is this a symptom to mine finally going out.

I had the exact same issue and hoped it would go away... but it just get's worse. You have to get the cluster replaced. Mine was still under extended warrenty and was covered. If you are out of warrenty you can find them "cheap" on line but the dealer has to install so they can switch over all the settings and memory.

When I was researching it a while ago I remember a lot of guys having the same issue. I couldn't find a recall though.

Hope that helps...

this guy knows :thumbs:

It will start being very jerky up and down. I new somthing was not right when I set my cruise acording to the speedo on a highway I drive everyday and the normal 45 MPH curve I had to cancel the criuse to make the turn. My dealer installed a new cluster at 40K.

This is a safty problem that you should be able to get fixed for free.

Randy

It will start being very jerky up and down. I new somthing was not right when I set my cruise acording to the speedo on a highway I drive everyday and the normal 45 MPH curve I had to cancel the criuse to make the turn. My dealer installed a new cluster at 40K.

This is a safty problem that you should be able to get fixed for free.

Randy

[/quote

AGREED