Another amber delete post....

I was reading all the posts about smoking the tail lights and so I bought some of the nite shade and clear coat. Then I read about taking apart your head lights and painting the orange turn signal reflectors. I want to do that but dont want to take them apart... what if I just masked off the headlight and smoked the plastic over the orange turn signals? Would this look dumb, should I get off my lazy ass and take them apart?

i was thinking about doing the same thing becuase i didnt wan tto take mine apart but then someone said that the paint would chip because of all the road chips ie, rocks sand ext. they said tailight dont reallly dont get that much debree so they stay good. but idk thats just advice i heard. if it were me i would like to get more opinios before i do anything. just my 2 cent

Take the time to tear em apart, you'll be happy when it is done... It took me like 5 hours from start to finish to do all four. I didn't do the oven bake method, just cut the seal on the back side with a razor and pulled them apart. Not to bad at all.... Good luck

Yeah there is a how-to on this. Good to know you don't have to cook them.

There was 2 reasons I didn't want to open them though. 1 is I'm lazy about it.. :-) and 2 is I think it would look cool to paint the headlight it's self... it would make it blend into the hood and have a cool wrap effect.

I have scene a few clear coats around that are supposed to protect against this type of chipping. I'll look around more and post results if I find them.

If not.. looks like they're getting torn apart.