spray on bedliners

rivierakid55

and with my truck being silver im thinking over the rail would look slightyly out of place up close.  guess i shouldve got a black ss then this would be an easy decision.

You do know that Line-X can color match the liner so you can't even tell it's there right?

Those Bedrugs are nice, but without a cover, someone can just walk up and take it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta counterpoint to the ideas that spray-ons can never be removed. I highly doubt that. Not saying it would be easy, but I know one competitor's product can be stripped. I much prefer line-x to that other but given enough effort anything can be stripped. And yes it does dent. A 10" plumbing T can make like a big sledge hammer. But it stayed formed to the dented areas.

I am thinking with liners it's not a perfect world ... If you want it to stay pretty don't do anything to it or haul anything in it ... But if you use a pickup for what it is intended for (hauling) then an over the rail liner has the most appeal ... If you don't do an OTR liner, and then buy a hard tonneau, you will mar the paint down to metal because the cover and bed don't mate 100% since the cover is glass and expands and contracts like a taco, and the bed flexes as well ... every hard glass tonno I have seen where there was NOT an otr liner, the paint was marred-off ...

if you do any sitting, climbing, or any hauling where a load can shift onto a rail, then you want a otr liner ...

I mean it's not a perfect world, but an otr liner that is done nice and thick and has straight contours looks like it is near factory ... many trucks come with plastic otr protectors and I hate them because the bed is molded to accomodate them ... IMO the BEST compromise is OTR ... It can be touched up for free after you pay to get it done most places, and if you wash it with TIDE powder, the shine comes right back ...

Some day a relative will ask you to haul a couch or love seat, and it will shift and take out your pretty painted rail ... you'll wish you had a black rail instead of a dented or gouged rail ... The hardened material also increases rigidity .. I am about the most anal retentive perfectionist on the planet and on my last 3 trucks I go OTR ... I sit there, I strap quads down, other people not knowing me and my truck CLIMB on the rails, etc ... It is pretty hard to keep unprotected rails perfect unless it's a sunday driven garage queen ...

my .02

I gotta counterpoint to the ideas that spray-ons can never be removed.  I highly doubt that.  Not saying it would be easy, but I know one competitor's product can be stripped.  I much prefer line-x to that other but given enough effort anything can be stripped.  And yes it does dent.  A 10" plumbing T can make like a big sledge hammer.  But it stayed formed to the dented areas.

It may be able to be stripped but why would you want to. The process of putting one on requires them to take a grinder to the paint and scuff up the bed and with that you would have some serious body work in my opinion fixing all the scuff marks then repainting.

I know all about scuffing the paint. I think many would have a crying fit if they watched the process of preparing their trucks for liner.

The competition's rubberized cottage cheese was just utter crap. Removed it and went to the better product. Could have repainted but that would have gotten me nowhere. The factories just need to spray liners from the start. Would kill the drop in liner market but stagecoach makers had their day too.