Please Send Help, Sen. Kerry

hot rod truck

I'm not gonna argue with Montana about this crap because he's gonna hate liberals no matter what.

However, whether it was taken this way or not, the majority of my post was made to point out the fact that just because JK is a douche doesn't mean every liberal is too. Bush is and always will be a worthless President. Clinton was a better President no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not arguing with the fact of what JK is saying.  It is a fact of life in this country that with an education your opportunities are far more numerous - this is inarguable fact.  I am sure that in retrospect that is the thought in JK's head that he was trying to put into words, however the delivery he chose to use was a demeaning one.  And then he reinforces that demeaning attitude by blaming others ('you guys just don't understand and are unfair, it was a botched joke') rather than accepting responsibility and saying 'hey, I miscommunicated, the point that I was trying to get across was ... and I apologise I did not get it right the first time'.

This tells me a couple important things about the JK camp, (1) the guy cannot put his own thoughts into words effectively, (2) he is an undisciplined thinker and after 20-years as a politician to still be this way is scary, (3) he does not have anyone in his campaign 'grooming' him into the top office.

Mr. P.

On 1 and 2 I agree with you 100%, but those points alone will not keep you out of the president's office. The proof is that dubya has been in there for 2 terms and he's a bumbling idiot in his speeches since he became president. He was a rather accomplished public speaker once upon a time...

Point 3 is where Kerry will lose the race again I belive. Until the democrats get another sauve public persona like Clinton, we won't be parading around any streets proclaiming victory. The only thing I can hope for right now is the lesser of two evils. It's sad when that's the way people think of the future leader of the free world. :banghead:

...Point 3 is where Kerry will lose the race again I belive. Until the democrats get another sauve public persona like Clinton, we won't be parading around any streets proclaiming victory. The only thing I can hope for right now is the lesser of two evils. It's sad when that's the way people think of the future leader of the free world. :banghead:

"Only Nixon could go to China" - old Klingon proverb. I'm sure that Clinton will be similarly remembered, and deservingly so. That guy is true political genious in action. I just wish his foreign policies were a lot more hawkish, I know I'd have gone totally apeshit over the USS Cole at the time - that's just my opinion so forgive me.

Your lesser of two evils comment, let's be real for a moment. There's no way that every four years a true Messiah will appear on the ballot and everyone overwhelmingly recognize it and agree to vote that person into office (my favorites are TR, Reagan, JFK, and Lincoln). It's so rare that I think it only happens once every 50-years or so. I think that the repeating 'lesser of two evils' phonomenon exists as a by-product of democracy in general. I bet that American voters by and large have felt like this probably for the last several hundred years, the feeling that every 4-years they're choosing the lesser of two evils. In my life the only time I truly felt like 'yes, this is definitely the man for the job' has been Reagan (Reagan was right about everything yuck yuck yuck :P).

Mr. P.

Americans by default have a distrust for our politicans. No where else in the world when you say the word politician first thing comes up to your mind is crook, dirty etc. Its in us, since we didnt trust the monarchy and parliment and then onward. I tried not to really voice my opinion here but i will say a few things. The word liberal in my view has been raped, now there is a land of extremes you are either conservative or "liberal" where if you study a little bit of history liberal and liberal views stood for liberties and nothing else really. Which goes into a whole legal description of liberty.

On America, the country i truly love. It has saved me from opression from a dictator and it has possibly the best doctrine for a nation. But i believe we are on a slippery slope. Its mostly a societal issue, but I read this once.

"The trick is to put thefrogs live into the lukewarm water, then gradually heat it. At any time until the lose consciousness, the frogs could, is alarmed, hop out of the pot and escape. But they dont, because they dont notice that the gradually warming water is heating up. Thank goodness we clever human beings, on this gradually warming earth arent stupid like those frogs! Well, as a matter of fact we have noticed it - some of us at least. We even have the data projecting the continuing ocean-rise swamping most of our major cities and the pending disruption and collapse of our agriculture. Far more is going on than perhaps would suffice to alert a frog, even a very stupid frog. We might be able to stop or reverse, but we are so setteled within the wells of the stew pan"

Wim Wenger

Yes this is in reference to global warming but the idea can be taken into so many other things... that slippery slope, there is a lot of bad in the world but there is also good. However there are many dangers that cannot be shrugged off.

... On America, the country i truly love. It has saved me from opression from a dictator and it has possibly the best doctrine for a nation. ...
Drako - I just assumed you were Cuban by decent, not actually a Cuban immigrant?? Edited by misterp (see edit history)

... On America, the country i truly love. It has saved me from opression from a dictator and it has possibly the best doctrine for a nation. ...
Drako - I just assumed you were Cuban by decent, not actually a Cuban refugee??

No I was born here but my parents are refugees as well as my uncle, pretty much all family, a few of my close friends etc. My grandfather was a political prisoner for 40 years. He came here luckily when i was born, my othe grandfather and mother died before i was born from the transition. I have great love for this country and its ideals. My family has been involved with the american goverment and with the press. I have great love for this country but I am not blind. Im sorry if it came off that I was a refugee, wasnt my aim I guess my writing just took off.

In my life the only time I truly felt like 'yes, this is definitely the man for the job' has been Reagan (Reagan was right about everything yuck yuck yuck :P).

Mr. P.

The only time I've ever liked a candidate so much was H. Ross Perot. He was trying to be a "free" president ("don't worry about me, I got 1.2 billion in the bank back at home"), and gave SNL and comics everywhere material to work with. He had some funny quirks, but you could damn sure tell he wasn't the "puppet on a stick" that so many seem to be.