Misfire

Help!!! I am stumped. I have a bad misfire on my 03 SS. I had a friend connect his handheld to it and we drove. It only does it on high rpm. Misfire on cylinder 6. I replaced the plug and coil. Still does it. The only mods i have are high flow mufflers and PCM4less tune. Any ideas where to go next? If it was an injector, wouldn't it do it all the time? HELP!!!

Help!!! I am stumped. I have a bad misfire on my 03 SS. I had a friend connect his handheld to it and we drove. It only does it on high rpm. Misfire on cylinder 6. I replaced the plug and coil. Still does it. The only mods i have are high flow mufflers and PCM4less tune. Any ideas where to go next? If it was an injector, wouldn't it do it all the time? HELP!!!

maybe bad gas :dunno: . Mine misfired once and it turned out to be bad gas. Are you running at least 91 octane?

New wires?

If you have it narrowed down and you think it may be an injector or wire, just swap it with one of your others and see if it moves to the swapped cylinder.

Changing an injector around just takes a few minutes.

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that with every PCM Forless tune I've seen, the Crank Relearn MIL is disabled, so you never know that one is needed. With the Crank angle sensor being used largely to detect misfires, it very well could be that the PCM is inaccurately reporting the misfire. If you haven't done it, I'd recommend getting a relearn done, as you'll never know that you need it.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

Have you added LT or MT headers? I did and I'm also having trouble with misfires.

Another idea that has been mentioned before is that in a PCM4Less tune a lot of times the DTC for crankshaft position sensor relearn is disabled (no SES light). A miss at high RPM could be because you need a relearn done. Although I guess a code for random multiple misfire would be more likely if you needed a relearn. I didn't look to see where you are located but someone with HPT could do the relearn for you or the dealer will do it but it costs like $50. Good luck

Dave

1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3 is the firing order I believe. The drivers' side cylinders are 1-3-5-7 and the passenger side are 2-4-6-8 .

Dave

Thanks for the info. I am on the right cylinder. I am out of ideas. Took it to the Chevy dealer today. Keep this up and i will have to get a new one. :puke: