Something wrong with My Baby

onyx_ss

Ok....so the wife took the car for an early meeting, So happens i have to take my son to school and i decide to take the SS. I went into the garage, open the door but not lights came on. I first thought it was weird but whatever didn't think much of it. I turn it on and nothing. The Battery was compleatly drained!?! Out of No where, the battery is completly drained. I dont know how and i dont know why? The last time i drove it everything was working perfectly fine. So when i got home from work i decided to take a look at it. I had to give it some juice from the wifes car and it started. I let it run for a while then put it back in. Next morning....samething, battery completly dead. So today i took it to the dealer so they could run diagnostic's and everything came up good. So i dont know whats wrong. Its working fine right now but im gonna wait till morning to check it again and hopefully everything will be working right.

Just thought i let yall know and see if you guys have any ideas or had encounters with this type of situation....Well Thanks Guys just needed to get it out cause this has me worried about my baby :sigh:

Onyx :cool:

Nah everything completly turns off even if i did leave it on....its just got me confused, yesterday when i took it to the dealer the compleatly checked it for power draining after the truck was shut off, they checked the alternator and even the battery just to see if its that and everything checked out A ok, but i checked the truck this morning and it turned on? who knows what happend as long as its ok now....Weird eh?

you dont have a phone charger or radar detector plugged into the aux cig lighter do you? My battery kept draining as well and I was losing it, then i realized my radar detector was plugged in and apparently over night its enough to drain the battery. Been fine since its been unplugged :dunno:

Hmmmm sounds like your truck's got AspenTaylor's disease. :D Sorry for the joke, I go for the cheap laughs. Others I've talked to have had same issues, problems like climate control fan kicking on in the middle of the night (even with the key out) and PCM/BCM draining power. I know that my truck is very power hungry with the key off, I'm almost sure that if I leave it for more than a week I may come back to a dead battery, when I park it at the airport I always disconnect the battery. Also check for a dead cell, and if you still have the POS factory AC/Delco battery it's surely served it's useful life.

Mr. P.

Hmmmm sounds like your truck's got AspenTaylor's disease. :D  Sorry for the joke, I go for the cheap laughs.  Others I've talked to have had same issues, problems like climate control fan kicking on in the middle of the night (even with the key out) and PCM/BCM draining power.  I know that my truck is very power hungry with the key off, I'm almost sure that if I leave it for more than a week I may come back to a dead battery, when I park it at the airport I always disconnect the battery.  Also check for a dead cell, and if you still have the POS factory AC/Delco battery it's surely served it's useful life.

Mr. P.

Always a comedian. Speaking of aspen, where has she been???? :dunno:

lol Mr.P always with the Jokes. Yeah im still useing the factory battery but to answer some of your questions. Theres nothing pluged in or if there was its never left there.....I found it really strange but right now its working fine. I do leave it for about a week or so in the garage since it is my weekend vehicle.....maybe that was it but w/e it was i need to find out just in case it were to happen again....but for now my baby is fine :)

Thanks for all the Help guys :thumbs::cheers:

Onyx :cool:

Good luck with the battery thing, I lost. I never had any problems with mine till Sept where mine was going dead. After having to jump start the thing a couple times, I took into the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong at all and said the reason was because I only drive it a couple times a week.

But whats really strange is that ever since I had it to the dealer, I haven't had any problems with it.... Go Figure. :dunno:

Good luck with the battery thing, I lost.  I never had any problems with mine till Sept where mine was going dead.  After having to jump start the thing a couple times, I took into the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong at all and said the reason was because I only drive it a couple times a week.

But whats really strange is that ever since I had it to the dealer, I haven't had any problems with it.... Go Figure.  :dunno:

Hahaha Go Figure! But i guess thats whats happening to mine right now....Ever since i took it to the dealer it's been working fine.....But w/e as long as it stays working

• 2 weeks later...