I've got some news...

montanass

A family friend and my girlfriend's employer drown this morning during the Ironman race in Florida this morning...

Rescuers found him floating face down in the water and tried to revive him, but got no pulse or anything. He's at the hospital there, they performed an emergency operation to relieve pressure on his brain due to lack of oxygen. He is out of surgury and on a respirator, but noone will know if he's going to make it for about the next three days. (Something to do with when they sedated him.) He's in a coma, and if he doesn't wake up in the next three days, his chances of making it are very, very slim. Although his chances now aren't that great.

His wife and three boys (8,2 & 6 month) are there along with my girlfriend (Morgan). I was hunting all morning, while this was going on... Morgan is several thousand miles away, in histarics watching three children while their mother is in the hospital with her husband, who is fighting for his life, and there is nothing I can do to help, or even try to comfort them... This is really hard for me and especially them...

Are there any members here in Panama City or somewhere close to it?

I'll keep you guys posted... but until then Barney (the man in the hospital) needs all of your thoughts and prayers... I'm not usually a religous guy, but I figure since I'm so far away, thats about the only thing I can do. :(

-Cody

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

Cody,

Hang in there, seems as you have been through a lot as of late.

Rely on your faith, gut instincts, whatever you need to draw upon, you'll get through this as well.

Unfortunately, you have an unusual circumstance with your girl being that far away with the responsibility of watching young kids in a very bad situation.

You need to stay strong and help her get through this even though you're doing it from long distance. From your previous post about your dad, you've got a good head on your shoulders. Another test for you, but I expect you'll do fine :thumbs:

Brian

ok, i just got an update, Barney is unconcious but he is responding to stimuli, the doc's did the pupil dialation thing and he was responding to that... but we're all still unsure... Things are looking a little less grim and Morgan and I are both doing better... however if they dont send Morgan home w/in the next day or two... I'm flying to Florida to be there for her... Barney's whole family is there, and I'm sure that someone can care for the kids. This is not a situation that Morgan needs to be in the middle of... so she needs to come home...

Cody,

Hang in there, seems as you have been through a lot as of late.

Rely on your faith, gut instincts, whatever you need to draw upon, you'll get through this as well.

Unfortunately, you have an unusual circumstance with your girl being that far away with the responsibility of watching young kids in a very bad situation.

You need to stay strong and help her get through this even though you're doing it from long distance. From your previous post about your dad, you've got a good head on your shoulders. Another test for you, but I expect you'll do fine  :thumbs:

Brian

:withstupid: Good advice. He will be in our prayers as well.

God man I'm so sorry.  I take it this was a really close family acquaintance?

Mr. P.

:seeya: A family friend and his girlfriend's employer as he stated...

Sometimes employer/emplyee relationships can form to be even closer than some families... after all, most people spend more waking hours a day with coworkers than we do with family members.

Hey guys thanks for the support and thoughts.

Barney passed away this morning. He never became concious and his condition continued to go up and down for the last couple of days. The doctors told his wife that they didnt think he would ever recover from his coma, and that there was absolutely no brain activity. His wife had him taken off the respirator, because Barney wouldnt have wanted to be pumped with air... he was a DIY kind of guy.

Thanks again guys... :(

-Cody