what CR with these heads? How would they work?

How would these work on my 5.3 liter withthe radix. I ws guessing they would lower compression but wouldn't I be able to run more boost. also working on a cam as we speak that would match up with the heads. It's the VHP Trucker

CAM

DUR @ .004" 278*/ 286*

DUR @ .050" 216*/ 224*

LIFT .551/.551

OVERLAP 53*

LSA 115*

HEADS

Fully CNC, 64cc Chambers, 2.055 Int 1.6 Ext, Gen III Ferrea Valves 8mm Stems, Dual Springs, Titanium Retainers and Light Weight Locks

It think to stock 5.3L chamber is 61.15cc, so if you run a stock head gasket, yes you will lose compression. However going with a bigger cam is going to bleed off compresion also. Cam size should be ok, are you running a stall ??

Edited by SuperSport (see edit history)

not yet, just got the truck and bought the cam. The heads were just an after idea. probably just be better to leave the stock ones on and spend the money on a stall and Lt's. I guess a 2600-2800 stall is what would work? how about the TB stall. would that work for this?

Edited by cstchevy (see edit history)

Yes, you will make more power with a ported set of heads, but with forced induction (Radix) your gains will not be as great as a N/A set-up. So I would save the money on the heads, and just make sure to get good valvespring, TI retainers, and good pushrods. For the stall, I would stick with something around 2600.