Fullbore "V" Flow mufflers ?

11H

CFM chart included; anyone ever hear one of these mufflers? Seems if they sound like a flowmaster, it would be better to have the increased CFM ...  :confused:

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/impo...boar_vtube.html

Single in single out Ultra-Flo SS 17263 1133 cfm 2.50"

Full Boar dual in dual out (2)2.50" V414F ** (2)2.50" 597cfm

Yep thats some great flow there. LOL But in fairness it is "better" than flowcrappers.

Personally I don't choose flowmaster because overall flow capability and a muffler big enough to grow into is my pick ...

BUT the post was for those who like flowmasters and maybe there is a better flowing alternative? -- also look at the prices and warranty ...

I think Flowmaster had a good thing going in their ability to scavenge when applied as a dual muffler setup in a fully thought out exhaust system (header to outlet) ... I actually believe flowmasters can scavenge in an exhaust system designed for it, but not in an oem setup ...

In this case throughput in CFM would not matter in a true scavenging environment ... As the market now has changed to everyone wants a cat back, they have to of course sieze some of that and sell purely on the sound and durability ...

I had a flow series 70 on a 5.3 truck and 2 chambers literally turned the case dark brown after repeated dyno runs ... I think the flow 70 is a "botchery" ... IMO

Does anyone know the max CFM requirement of the LQ9 in a single muffler application?

I am guessing 550-650 or so? (and at what differential achieved?)

Inletting is something like 450 to 500 right?

11H

Edited by 11H (see edit history)