Building a 6.0 blower motor-need some advice

I have a 2004 5.3 in a reg cab 2wd with 1.85 rocker arms and a whipple supercharger. i am at about 3200ft so i am getting away with about 9lbs of boost running a mix of 91 octane and E-85(about 6-7 gallons of E-85 to 17-18 gallons of 91) to avoid detenation. It is making 400 rwhp right now. I purchased a 01 6.0 LQ4 out of a 3/4 ton pickup that had got on fire and am now ready to install it in my truck. Like any engine build i would like the most gains for the least amount of money. My question to the group is the head/cam combo. I read that the Lingenfelter GT-2 cam is very popular for FI engines so i am leaning towards this cam. What do you think about the 01-03 LS6 Z06 cam? Any other suggestions? The heads are my biggest question. I know the heads i have are good for low compression but what should i do to improve them? Also what about the LS2 heads or the 6.2 heads L76/L92? I am going to stick with the stock truck intake manifold but i plan on installing headers. Also are the stock pistons ok for this build or should i go with an aftermarket? My goal is to gain 50-75 rwhp but more would be nice. I know i am asking alot but i know there are many of you out their who have already done this and i respect your opinions. Thanks.

well if you want to use the l92 heads you will also need a new intake. id go forged pistons and rods for sure if you arent planniong on using the same rotating assem, as for heads for the money dart and patiot are good. that cam would also work well for your set up, wcch also makes a nice ported and ploished head similar to the patriot heads.

i have a blower cam for sale right now that would also work really well and im selling it for a great deal its brand new from futral. 216/222 .548/.589 114 lsa

Refer to this thread for heads

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...topic=27221&hl=

and I would not recommend an after market cam with the 1.85 rocker arms. aftermarket lobes are much more agressive than stock lobe profiles, and more than likely you would have valvetrain issues. You can run a Z06 cam, but make sure your springs are fresh. :thumbs:

Edited by SuperSport (see edit history)