tuning question

blackbeast ss

Having it dynoed shouldn't void the warranty. A pcm4less tune might, but only if they find out. If you are in warranty I would recomend paying the core charge and getting a 2nd pcm that way if you gotta go in for warranty work you could swap it out. BTW it would be extremely difficult for the dealer to know if you did anything, just make sure they don't flash a stock tune over it.

Dave

bowtie70ss do you think i will get better numbers with a pcm tune or a dyno tune thaks again.

Just to clarify, a dyno tune is a PCM tune. I believe the comparison you're trying to make is between a dyno tune and a mail order tune.

And assuming the dyno tuner is competent, a dyno tune will win over a mail order tune every time (dyno is the *only* way to know what timing is needed at each load point to create the peak torque output).

Having it dynoed shouldn't void the warranty. A pcm4less tune might, but only if they find out. If you are in warranty I would recomend paying the core charge and getting a 2nd pcm that way if you gotta go in for warranty work you could swap it out. BTW it would be extremely difficult for the dealer to know if you did anything, just make sure they don't flash a stock tune over it.

Dave

Was reading this ... gotta be careful here Dave...

Dealers' service shops have access to more information than you might think. The factory scan tool can access information about the programming history for the PCM, and can look it up in a matter of seconds. On GM vehicles, each flash is tracked by a CAL ID (Calibration ID). If a dealer tech finds a CAL ID in a PCM and it doesn't correspond to a CAL for that vehicle, it will become suspected that the PCM had a custom tune, and void the warranty.

I would agree, though ... get a 2nd PCM for tuning, and hope that the body module doesn't store a B1155: 'Calibration Key Does not Match'

• 2 months later...

PCM Tuning Section:

All of your personal tuning concerns here (LS1 Edit, HP Tuners, EFI Live, Wideband, Logging Equipment, etc..) NO VENDOR PRAISES. NO POSTS ON HANDHELD UNITS OR MAIL ORDER TUNING.

Moved topic to Bolt On Performance section.