Dad's Business

SS Silv

Was bored the other day so I decided to snap a few pics of the family business. I guess the reason for posting this is because I am really proud of what my dad created. The business started out of a trailer house, my dad would do service calls while my mom would answer phones. Now the business employes well over 65 people. We do Residential/comercial heating, airconditiong, and plumbing. We have done most of the big department stores that recently came to our town, (2) super-walmarts, Best Buy, Kohls, Lowes, Home-depot, Etc. As well tons of residential homes. He has also built two other building around the shop. Fastenal rents out of one, and the other one is a bunch of storage units. I am recently attending College to get my 4 Year Business degree as well as taking Auto-Cad classes. When I am done I will be doing the estimating for the jobs.

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

This is an AutoFold. It Folds and cuts the duct work. This was a big investement but it payed for it self in 5 years.

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

Plasma Table. Cuts the fitings. We use to do this by hand.

DSC00666.jpg

Break.

DSC00665.jpg

Welding.

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00669-1.jpg

Very impressive! You should be proud of Dad, as he is of you for getting into the family business I'm sure. I see you're a Carrier rep, I'm in the same industry (sort of). I work for a large corporation though, I'll give ya one guess -- "It's hard to stop"

Congrats :thumbs:

My father and I have a repair shop with great potential but its hard to find tech that really know how to repair vehicle right :confused: Both of us are master tech and are pretty picky about how work gets done.

Very impressive! You should be proud of Dad, as he is of you for getting into the family business I'm sure.  I see you're a Carrier rep, I'm in the same industry (sort of). I work for a large corporation though, I'll give ya one guess -- "It's hard to stop"

Choooo Chooooo Trane. We actually do install a lot of Trane roof tops. Trane is a good product, the service techs like to work on them.

Congrats :thumbs:

My father and I have a repair shop with great potential but its hard to find tech that really know how to repair vehicle right :confused:  Both of us are master tech and are pretty picky about how work gets done.

We can relate. Good help is hard to find. We are constantly hiring. People come and go.