header type question?

well winter is almost here and its time i take my truck off the road to do al my work to it. i plan on getting it done in 3 months...hopefully. but along with the body mods i was thinking of doing some more engine work. i was looking at headers but am really confused on them. what is better long tubes or short tubes? and what company do you recomend, i hear pacesetter is good, any other suggestions. i hope someone can explain the long tube short tube to me because i have no idea whats the diifrence. with hshort tubes wouldnt you need more work in running exhuast pipes up to them or do they use factory flanges. also im a 04 4.8 rgcb not the big 6.0 like everyone else here is...(i wish i was though)

p.s need to keep factory cat's.

kyle

To keep the cats you have a few choices. The first and easiest is to get some shorty headers as they bolt up to the factory pipes/cats($3-500). Second is dytatech long tube headers with cats/Y pipe($12-$1500). Next you could do some pacesetter long tube headers but they are not a bolt on...some fab work is required to keep the factory cats($400 + pipe welding). Finally the Arizona speed and marine headers keep the factory cats but you still need to have flanges welded to the cats ($800 + welding). Good luck

Dave