What's up with gas lately??

OneBadSSS

Ok, I just returned from a 6 month deployment to the Mediterranean Sea, so bare with me...

What is with gas?? I wnet and filled up the SS today and noticed AFTER I was finished that the pump had a sticker on it saying the gas was a 10% ethanol blend! At first I panicked because I was afraid I was going to screw up my engine running ethanol since the SS doesn't have a flex-fuel motor. However, I've been running it all day and the SS seems fine. I also noticed that pumps at stations everywhere I go have the same "10% ethanol" stickers on all the pumps.

I just want to be absolutely sure that running this blend is ok??

Ok, I just returned from a 6 month deployment to the Mediterranean Sea, so bare with me...

What is with gas?? I wnet and filled up the SS today and noticed AFTER I was finished that the pump had a sticker on it saying the gas was a 10% ethanol blend! At first I panicked because I was afraid I was going to screw up my engine running ethanol since the SS doesn't have a flex-fuel motor. However, I've been running it all day and the SS seems fine. I also noticed that pumps at stations everywhere I go have the same "10% ethanol" stickers on all the pumps.

I just want to be absolutely sure that running this blend is ok??

You can run 10% ethanol with no concerns whatsoever ... your mileage may drop slightly however ... The PCM will adjust for the increased oxygenate ... If you do any aftermarket tuning, you should let your tuner know however ... 11H

Oxygenated (California) fuel.  :sick:

Mr. P. :)

See you at Christmas time :P
You found a car for your daughter in north Texas? I can get my radar detector and cool subglasses and play The Transporter :P

Mr. P. :)

Not quite ... we have it in EAST EAST L.A. too ... LOL ... Central AZ ...

Ya almost need 2 tunes with remapped fuel/maf ... One for winter fuel and one for summer ... :cry: