Shock Review

vdrumright

Got the Bilstein front shocks in and they were for the HD trucks. Didn't fit. The back ordered rears should be here first of the week(doesn't matter because they are for HD's also).

They are supposed to ship out the 1500 set Monday which hopefully I'll get before next weekend. I'm expecting them to be wrong because I had a hard time getting across to them the idea of AWD.

I guess I expect more people to know about the SS if they are in the automotive industry. When they start asking questions like, short bed?, single cab?, 1500 series?. It's obivious they don't know what I'm talking about. Hopefully everything will work out but we'll see.

I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get them installed.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. They're good guys over there and I'm sure they'll make it right.

Regarding the 'correct' products, I am in the habit now of calling the manufacturers directly, and many times I end up talking with the design engineers because my questions get so specific. I have spoken more than once with Bilstein, Eibach, and Belltech in an attempt to figure out how to properly lower my vehicle. I haven't done anything yet, but when I do, I'll be pretty sure of what I'm getting, and I'll be presenting the vendor with part numbers I've received from the manufacturers.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I had Bilsteins on my last two trucks... a Z71 and a ZR2.

I can't say I really liked them as much as others do. The ones in my Z71 Avalanche went out REAL early. The bounce test would get be 6 bounces back by 40K. They were supposed to be good for 100K, right? The truck would bobble around a lot, and flop from one side to the other. I had a set of Edelbrock IAS's on order, when I got fed up and just traded-in the truck.

On my ZR2 - I had the truck lifted, and the kit came with some generic Superlift (I believe) shocks. They rode softer and more compliant on my horribly paved country road.

Maybe it's just me?? I like a nice soft ride. The roads in my area are HORRIBLE all year 'round. Especially my street - it's a battlefield. :(

Archived