engine argument?

elitesurfer50

well my buddy and i got into this argument and was claiming that the ss doesnt have an ls1 inside.. can someone clear this up for me? i always thought it did... he claims its vortex max 6.0 bc the ls2 is a 6.0 wich pushes out 400hp so he was saying that i have an ls2 just tuned down a lil bit to push it at 345hp... idk he conufused me so bad but made vaild points.... so can someone clear this up for me and back up there answer so i can let him know .. haha thanks

you have neiher you have an lq9 an ls1 is a 5.7l aluminum block, an ls2 is a 6.0l aluminum block, yes you do have a 6.0 but its not an ls2 beside the difference in block material there are also other difference , such as cam gear, cam sensor and knock sensor. but your motor is an ls based motor which means alot of parts on these motors are interchangeable.

:withstupid: But it is alot of times called an LS1 just because that was the first LS engine and it's known better than the LQ9 most people are like WTF is that! If you look up any aftermarket parts they are listed as LS1 parts for the most part and the ECU used in the trucks is based for the most part off the LS1 here the LS2 is completely different. So to say it has an LS1 isn't off base.