Lights

ssfromsd

well i did the diode hi low beam trick where i can get both on at one time but when i want to switch back just to low not to blind someone it has like a 5-30 second delay. It is never constant and never turns back to low beam instantly... Any way to fix this? :dunno:

Tell me about this trick. Where is the diode placed?

SSdiodes.jpg

Here is a pic of my fusebox underhood; I have jammed 2 diodes in there, one from the high-beam relay to the DRL relay, and another from the high-beam relay to the low-beam relay. Diodes are one-way devices, notice the direction of the black band (oriented towards the high-beam relay).

Mr. P. :)

SSdiodes.jpg

Here is a pic of my fusebox underhood; I have jammed 2 diodes in there, one from the high-beam relay to the DRL relay, and another from the high-beam relay to the low-beam relay.  Diodes are one-way devices, notice the direction of the black band (oriented towards the high-beam relay).

Steve ,Isn't that too many diode's ,you just need one ...........

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...topic=26665&hl=

post-6900-1163395165_thumb.jpg

Edited by BmanSS (see edit history)

SSdiodes.jpg

Here is a pic of my fusebox underhood; I have jammed 2 diodes in there, one from the high-beam relay to the DRL relay, and another from the high-beam relay to the low-beam relay.  Diodes are one-way devices, notice the direction of the black band (oriented towards the high-beam relay).

Steve ,Isn't that too many diode's ,you just need one ...........

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...topic=26665&hl=

read the bold, he also turns the drls on when the highs come on.

Yeah I turn on the DRL's too. Because the DRLs are not directional like the headlights it makes a hell of an impression when you flash those stubborn left-lane squatters. :driving:

Another hint I got from a girl friend of mine several weeks ago, she installed red and blue neons under her car (she likes that kind of thing :dunno:) and discovered that a lot of the time folks would suddenly yield for her on the highway!

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)