How does the SSS fair against the Titan

motorider228

Personally i dont think the 200 or so pounds really matters because the AWD will launch way harder than a 2 wheel drive. And for the Hemi VS SS stock for stock the Hemi loses AWD or 2WD dont matter I race 2 and it wasnt even close i pulled so hard on them it was over not long after it started.

I always wondered what the diff. was between the two. some say the 2wd will catch up to th AWD. at about 50 or 60 because of the weight. True? I know that I lost 110lbs. on mine, because of taking off the spare tire (75lbs.) and the tow rack (35lbs.) the truck launchs much better know, and does a smok'n burnout. So the weight has to play a roll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i dont think the 200 or so pounds really matters because the AWD will launch way harder than a 2 wheel drive. And for the Hemi VS SS stock for stock the Hemi loses AWD or 2WD dont matter I race 2 and it wasnt even close i pulled so hard on them it was over not long after it started.

i've already had that discussion with another member on here. and we both agreed that just b/c your race has a certain outcome, doesnt mean that it holds true for the rest of the SS/HEMI's out there. just b/c you one twice stock vs. stock doesnt mean you'll win 'em all. and the same holds for me, when i was stock i raced a stock SS and won, and that by no means would mean that i could beat every stock SS out there. so nice kills, but that doesnt mean that every stock hemi will lose to a stock SS 100% of the time...

i've already had that discussion with another member on here.  and we both agreed that just b/c your race has a certain outcome, doesnt mean that it holds true for the rest of the SS/HEMI's out there.  just b/c you one twice stock vs. stock doesnt mean you'll win 'em all.  and the same holds for me, when i was stock i raced a stock SS and won, and that by no means would mean that i could beat every stock SS out there.  so nice kills, but that doesnt mean that every stock hemi will lose to a stock SS 100% of the time...

I agree 100%.... there are so many conditions to affect the out come of a race. you can't assume after one kill that it will repeat for every situation.

haha those guys were saying that membership over there basically doubled in the past month, I guess my leaking their thread on this site made their bandwidth go through the roof haha. It probably doesnt hurt that some lightning guy leaked a thread over on one of their forums as well haha.

hello and yes my first post. this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. some titan owners including myself have beaten the SS. yes it has happend sorry to bust your bubbles. i am sure there are many SS's here with a grocery list of mods that can beat me but it doesn't change the fact that a Titan with 40 less horses beat an SS. There are also SS owners on Performancetrucks.net that have had simliar runs with titans to their surprise. I only have a cai and catback and i was on 24" rims. i admit it wasn't a blow out and off the line i thought it was over but i ended up winning him. He was probably stock and by the way him and his girl were laughing they probably believed all the hype about the SS on this site and others and truly underestimated the T. The SS is a really nice truck and so is my Titan. I like all trucks and I'm not one of those blinded by brands guys. BUT when the new kid on the block (Titan) with 40 less horses (but same torque) beats a "legendary" SS you gotta believe it's gonna rub some people wrong and the Titans guy will be high 5ing. It's a typical underdog story that get people pumped. It doesn't mean your truck is shit or anything like that it just means it can happen given the right situation.

:nono:

Has their EVER BEEN A TITAN BONE STOCK IN THE 14's?

NOT FROM WHAT ANY OF YOUR GUYS ON TITANTALK CAN PROVE....

SO WITH THAT SAID....

UDLUZE...

:cheers:

aLSO ABOUT THE TQ COMMENT.... i AM WILLING TO BET EVEN A AWD SS MAKES MORE TQ AT THE WHEELS THAN A TITAN...

:yellow_loser:

Edited by H8R (see edit history)

hello and yes my first post.  this whole thing has gotten way out of hand.  some titan owners including myself have beaten the SS.  yes it has happend sorry to bust your bubbles.  i am sure there are many SS's here with a grocery list of mods that can beat me but it doesn't change the fact that a Titan with 40 less horses beat an SS.  There are also SS owners on Performancetrucks.net that have had simliar runs with titans to their surprise.  I only have a cai and catback and i was on 24" rims.  i admit it wasn't a blow out and off the line i thought it was over but i ended up winning him.  He was probably stock and by the way him and his girl were laughing they probably believed all the hype about the SS on this site and others and truly underestimated the T.  The SS is a really nice truck and so is my Titan.  I like all trucks and I'm not one of those blinded by brands guys.  BUT when the new kid on the block (Titan) with 40 less horses (but same torque) beats a "legendary" SS you gotta believe it's gonna rub some people wrong and the Titans guy will be high 5ing.  It's a typical underdog story that get people pumped.  It doesn't mean your truck is shit or anything like that it just means it can happen given the right situation.

Titan owners don't get any more fruity then this chump. ;)

who cares really - oh yeah you do. sorry bud i really do not care.

you may lose on the TQ bet - nissan has one the most effecient trannys. I hear the AWD is not very effecient but i am not sure and there aren't many awd dynos to find out. but again i could care less. it still doesn't change the fact that beat an SS in cai and cat only.

Titan's are pretty slow.. I saw one with a bunch of mods at the track and it ran mid 15's :crackup:

bunch of mods? where? what were they? a bug shield? ahh ahh window visor?

:cheers:

454 SSS dont count....

:jester:

actually it was a new red SS. i was surprised myself probably more than he was.

oh and the stock hemi's no prob. not sure why they like to chase me down. gues it's a hemi ARGH ARGH thing.

intake and exhaust it pretty much ends there because as you've already heard there isn't much aftermarket for the Titan mainly because of the complex ECU's BUT uprev.com has been able to finally crack it and soon parts should follow. one of the uprev tuned Titans is already in the mid 13's. Now this opens the doors to turbo's and bigger S/C - they already have a Titan engine in a 350Z with Wolfe cams putting out close to 500hp - remember the truck only been out since 2004.

...not sure why they like to chase me down.  gues it's a hemi ARGH ARGH thing.
Yeah we see a lot of the HEMI attitude too.

...BUT uprev.com has been able to finally crack it and soon parts should follow.  ...
Now that's exciting news. What are you guys going to have to do to harden your transmissions?

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

...not sure why they like to chase me down.  gues it's a hemi ARGH ARGH thing.
Yeah we see a lot of the HEMI attitude too.

...BUT uprev.com has been able to finally crack it and soon parts should follow.  ...
Now that's exciting news. What are you guys going to have to do to harden your transmissions?

Mr. P.

hey man, WAY off topic, but do you go to Tarleton?? i'm transferring there next semester!!

I have heard that the front ends are shitty on the titans and my friend had problems with the rear end in his titan twice and traded it in on a 06 D-max. Said it was the biggest piece of crap. Have you had problems with yours. Havent ever raced 1 from a dig cant wait to do so to see for myself how fast they are.