How does the SSS fair against the Titan

motorider228

tarelton? ?? not me.

so far the trannys are pretty good remember they are a 5 speed.

haha, i meant misterp. it says he lives in stephenville, and that's where Tarleton State is.

badblackhemi: not a student but I've hired a couple from their CIS department. I live 2 blocks from the football field, gotta love Texas football crazy f'n loud on Friday and Saturday nights :D What's your area of study? PM me if you need help with relocating etc :thumbs:

SoBe: 5spd auto - that must be nice. Are those single-overdrive, or double-overdrive?

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that the front ends are shitty on the titans and my friend had problems with the rear end in his titan twice and traded it in on a 06 D-max. Said it was the biggest piece of crap. Have you had problems with yours. Havent ever raced 1 from a dig cant wait to do so to see for myself how fast they are.

Thank GOD i haven't had to test my front end but the Insurance institute for highway safety gave it it BEST PICK for frontal test - http://www.iihs.org/news/2004/iihs_news_061304.pdf

I haven't had any problems except for the front brakes and those were replaced. He switched to a d-max does he tow a lot of heavy loads? Maybe the HD d-max was a better fit for him. The majority of the rear end problems were on 04 4wd's - The dealers at first were instructed to switch out the inner bearing due to seal failure but recently i have heard of them just swapping out the whole rear end as the newer ones are better and the dealers seem to be having difficulty with the bearing and seal swaps.

tarelton? ?? not me.

haha, i meant misterp. it says he lives in stephenville, and that's where Tarleton State is.

SoBe: 5spd auto - that must be nice. Are those single-overdrive, or double-overdrive?

Single overdrive i believe. It's always in the right gear for take off. I dont have to smash the pedal down to get the tranny to shift. Test drive one. The drive is what sold me.

tarelton? ?? not me.

badblackhemi: not a student but I've hired a couple from their CIS department. I live 2 blocks from the football field, gotta love Texas football crazy f'n loud on Friday and Saturday nights :D What's your area of study? PM me if you need help with relocating etc :thumbs:

i know what you mean about those football games. im up there all the time visiting my girlfriend. (softball scholarship) im actually coming up there either this weekend or the next if you wanna meet up and grab a bite to eat and just talk trucks. i've always loved the SS. i'm majoring in business but im gonna be a firefighter so im really just going to school to have something to fall back on incase i get hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard that the front ends are shitty on the titans and my friend had problems with the rear end in his titan twice and traded it in on a 06 D-max. Said it was the biggest piece of crap. Have you had problems with yours. Havent ever raced 1 from a dig cant wait to do so to see for myself how fast they are.

Just noticed this today..

No haven't had any front or rear end problems. Those were mainly associated with 04 and 05 4x4 models and Nissan has stepped up and is swapping out the complete rear ends on affected models. They at first tried repairing the bearings where the seals failed but have since opted to just swap out the complete rear end. Pumpkin, axles, seals, the whole thing. Front ends? they have the highest front end crash rating. not sure what you mean. The only problem i have had are the front brake rotors - they are shit - i am planning on switching them out for the Stillen Big Brake kit. Others have swapped only the rotor out. I see you in Homestead. I am in country walk we should meet up and give 'em a run. What have you done to your truck?

Just noticed this today..

Didn't you respond to it earlier in the thread though? :confused:

Yeap im in homestead for now moving out of this shit hole on the 30 of dec. I have a few things done to it headers,cai, exhaust thats it. If i can find some time its hard trying to move your whole family 450 miles away and doin it in 2 weeks time.

Yeap im in homestead for now moving out of this shit hole on the 30 of dec. I have a few things done to it headers,cai, exhaust thats it. If i can find some time its hard trying to move your whole family 450 miles away and doin it in 2 weeks time.

Shlthole is correct. lol you have a cai headers and exhaust... geez i have trouble keeping up with a stock SS.

:cheers:

454 SSS dont count....

:jester:

He forgot to mention that the SS he beat was towing a 19 foot Monterey w/twin Mercury outboards on it. :lol:

wow geez you got me there fireman31 whoa good one - :thumbs:

CLICK HERE

Edited by SoBeGraphics (see edit history)

:cheers:

454 SSS dont count....

:jester:

He forgot to mention that the SS he beat was towing a 19 foot Monterey w/twin Mercury outboards on it. :lol:

wow geez you got me there fireman31 whoa good one - :thumbs:

CLICK HERE

:chillpill: just joking around. Any truck than can remotely come close to an SS must be pretty damn quick. :cheers:

A guy I work with overheard me talking to a friend that has a 450FWHP SRT4 Neon and says "My titan is pretty quick" "I think I'll give you a run" mind you this was after I ran 13.49 BoneStock in March.. what's with these Nissan Titan owners? I understand the SS guys, the Dam name implies it's a "Sport" Model... but why buy a Titan and then compare it to a Lighting or SS?? never knew these Full size Nissan Pickups were adored by so many.. God Bless you guys, I guess I should start watching out for the "killer" Pathfinders then ha?? :crackup:

A guy I work with overheard me talking to a friend that has a 450FWHP SRT4 Neon and says "My titan is pretty quick" "I think I'll give you a run" mind you this was after I ran 13.49 BoneStock in March.. what's with these Nissan Titan owners? I understand the SS guys, the Dam name implies it's a "Sport" Model... but why buy a Titan and then compare it to a Lighting or SS??  never knew these Full size Nissan Pickups were adored by so many.. God Bless you guys, I guess I should start watching out for the "killer" Pathfinders then ha?? :crackup:

That guy has no clue. Please dont generalize, it only makes you look just as dumb.