PC/Virus question...

SSThunder

Ok. My web site email seems to be sending a ton of spam and crap. I'm getting back emails that were blocked and the from email address is always something weird like [email protected]. Is this a virus on my web site host server or maybe one of my home PCs? I purchased some virus software and cleaned one PC but this is still happening so I'm wondering if it's on my web site server. Any techys(sp?) know what's going on? It's driving me crazy and I don't want hackers using my web site email for spam :banghead:

Ok. My web site email seems to be sending a ton of spam and crap. I'm getting back emails that were blocked and the from email address is always something weird like [email protected]. Is this a virus on my web site host server or maybe one of my home PCs? I purchased some virus software and cleaned one PC but this is still happening so I'm wondering if it's on my web site server. Any techys(sp?) know what's going on? It's driving me crazy and I don't want hackers using my web site email for spam :banghead:

Once a spammer gets a hold of your domain name (ex. [email protected]) it can be hard to control emails that are sent to/from your domain, :mad: unless you are the server admin., and can configure MS Server 2003.

I've read about an authentication that MS Server 2003 uses to check a valid email at a domain vs. one that it receives which is spoofed, and when it comes back as invalid, the server will trash the email instead of forwarding it to the intended recipient.

It's always good to run software on your client PC's to check for bugs that link to your address book & send emails using those entries.

If the problem is server-side, contact your admin to see what can be done.